“Beautiful, well managed - A Hit!!”

Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We found this place on the internet. Beautiful pictures were truly representative of the quality and thoughful touches in this place. Neil at the front desk is a charmer and very helpful and friendly. Wonderful view from our room over the pool and ocean. Obvious that the owners have excellent taste. Beautiful showers and all the cappuccino one can drink.

Highly recommend this place. Originally supposed to stay for 9 days but stayed for a month.

A couple minor complaints. Sheets are very hard and scratchy. Might be the water. Softener needed. Last night we stayed, one of the owner's daughters decided to have a gathering at the firepit with her friends between the hours of 2 am and 4 am. Made way to much noise and we couldn't sleep. Given the layout of the units, they need to ensure that the pool area is quiet after midnight as all guests are adversely affected by this noise which echos throughout the place.

Other than this minor complaint, this place rocks. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room with a kitchenette. The Queen/Double combination is a very large room with p...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites Daytona Beach / Ormond Beach

Reviewed March 15, 2012

I've been in travel industry for 20 yrs.,i've stayed in many fine hotels across the east coast Florida.Three weeks ago I was looking for a nice modern hotel in the Daytona Beach area..After reading many reviews I stumbled across the Lotus Boutique Inn and Suites.I had already booked at the the Daytona Resort and Spa,where I have stayed numerious times,at the last minute I found the the Lotus and read some great reviews,the most interesting one being that it was the newest of hotels in the area,so I booked it and cancelled my other res.When we arrived earlly we were greeted by Neel the GM and he already had our room available for early check in,was out of this world friendly customer service..The room,ocean front was so modernly beautiful.I just can't say enough about how well we treated to have find out for yourself...You will be pleasently surprised !!!!!! Thx. Neel and staff of The Lotus.!

Room Tip: Rooms 108 and 109 are on the bottom floor,which I don't really like but here I would choose agai...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dokryn07
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Checked in very late (midnight-ish), but after a quick phone call enroute to advise the staff, it was no problem. The room was clean and bright with the bathroom providing separation between the two bed areas. This was very nice as it allowed us to put our 4 year old to bed while we stayed up on our own side of the room. The sink and bathroom were very stylish with a wonderful "rainfall" type shower that was novel, but still provided plenty of water during the shower. The pool was heated in addition to the hot tub and the pool area was nice. There didn't seem to be any lighting around the pool area, though, so swimming after dark may not be an option. It's possible we just missed it. The facility is directly on the beach and it looked like all of the rooms had a balcony that had a view of the beach, making for a nice place to sit and watch/listen to the ocean while relaxing. It also meant you always had a nice breeze to keep things cool. Breakfast only consisted of muffins and fruit, but the coffee was good, as was the juice. Overall, a very nice hotel at a reasonable price.

Pros:
Room size and layout
Pool and hot tub heated for winter swims
Beach view/access
Great staff
Trendy design
Good coffe

Cons:
Breakfast more of a snack than a breakfast
Wifi connected, but no internet access

Overall:

Highly recommended. We'll stay again!

Room Tip: First floor rooms in the building parallel to the beach all had a gated-in patios area with direct a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank if4not
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I want to keep this wonderful place a secret but I had to write a review because in my search these reviews have helped me greatly. Generally I do not like to stay in hotels for numerous reasons but Lotus met and exceeded my expectations of what a hotel stay experience should be. Check-in was easy breezy and no fuss. We were granted a later check-out time which was awesome. Stayed 2 nights with my bestie on a mini-vacay in Room 201 which has a king size and double size bed and a kitchenette with a full size frig,mini stove, microwave and cabinets for storage with plates dishes and cups. Loved modern clean decor. Loved our oceanfront room. It was so close to the actual beach. You can hear the ocean from the room by opening the patio door. Hotel room was clean. Housekeeping service was wonderful and Neal was super helpful.
Con:On windy days at the beach,when you have the patio door open, you get a loud irritating noise coming from the AC unit. The first day we were there it was not windy so it was perfect because we loved to have the patio door open to hear the water but the 2nd day was super windy which is how we discovered that this would happen. Notified management and they came to the room promptly to check it out but there was nothing they could do so be aware that this does happen on very windy days.
Suggested improvements: Light needed in kitchenette area. DVD players in the room, lamp needed in double bed area.

Room Tip: I highly recommend Room 201 which is oceanfront with a private balcony located on the 2nd floor. The...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kay B
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed here with my wife and young son one weekend in February, 2012. The lady and gentleman at the front desk were splendid - eager to assist. We chose this spot becase of the beautifuly remodeled rooms and the fact that it is pet friendly. THe owners have done a great job with the pool area, including several lighting and water features that really set a wonderful tone. We like to try somewhere new each month, but we will surely stay here again, if only to support such an interesting new property.

Room Tip: Request a king/double if you travel with kids. These rooms ahve one king bed and one separate sleepi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tg505
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. Hotel was exceptionally clean and staff was superb. Pool/sauna and grounds are meticulously maintained Will definately return in the future.

Room Tip: View rooms prior to selecting which was offered upon arrival.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda I
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Stayed for six nights recently. Had a superb experience. The hotel was clean, very quiet, with very chic decor, and wonderful service. I arrived after hours and the owner graciously checked me in, and helped when I locked myself out. The proximity to the ocean was amazing and the hotel has great amenities. The hot tub and pool were always clean and ready for use. The fire pit was lovely and warm on cool nights and the view of the ocean was incredible from many points around the hotel. Plan to stay there whenever I go to the beach of Florida.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends