“New Owners of Fine Dining Restaurant”

Billy's Tap Room & Grill
Ranked #33 of 220 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The new Billy's is better than than ever. Fine atmosphere, service and the best in food selection in the Daytona area. An up-scale restaurant that has only one distraction, the lack of parking that is close. A large lot is available within a block of this quaint building located on route 40 in the beach side of Ormond Beach.
The menu lacks nothing for the discriminating diner. It may be the best in the area for total pleasure and pure food value for those looking for the special occasion experience.
I think the diver scallops were the best ever in my wide experience of fine dining in many parts of the world.
The owners made a brief visit in spite of a capacity crowd. Four selections at our table, each better than the other.I would rate this experience at the highest level

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food was good and the staff were friendly but the atmosphere was not kid friendly. The restaurant was loud (live music) and the food was pricey, not right for our family...

1  Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took my Husband and two friends that I have talked about taking to Billy's all year. Well, Our Waitress was the BEST!!!!!! But she can't control Production, and you can sell all day, but if the cooks can't produce it,, then the business will FAIL!!! The steaks were still cold. Got served Frozen Broccolli....Sorry to the manager/owner that thought he could fool us......then it was "We're out of that." and I was just pissed that we even went there... Food is expensive but the meal sucked. Hope they can make it on the last meal that we ever eat there..........Yippie Ki yay.. Cowboy Steak!!!
Oh, I also noticed those tiny wine glasses that they just started using too. Less for the money makes more money....

2  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Billy's after finding it on trip advisor. My husband had the pork chop and I the fried shrimp. Both were excellent and with the salad and sides it was too much. The price was more then fair. I liked the ambience of the old building and history. I think they do a great job.

1  Thank why73
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Been there for 80 years through a bunch of owners. A neighborhood place with character. Food was good to great, service great and the price reasonable. Been comming to Ormand for years but this was our first time. We will make it a regular for future trips.

1  Thank Jim S