“Not the Same...”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Only go a few times per year.. The Specials are the best, fresh fish, Lolly Pops were very disapointing if you know what I'M talking about...

1  Thank Robert F

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We only go to Billy's every few years because there are so many other restaurants in the Ormond Daytona area that have such great food for a better value. I like Billy's atmosphere and décor -- and it smells antique-ish like my granddad's house -- in a good way! My husband and I went for a date night this year, and we enjoyed it. We had a very nice gentleman who served us -- very matter of fact and had good suggestions. They were not very busy, but my mixed drink took a while to arrive. Even the server complained. My salad was good, and the clam chowder was excellent. They have grouper 20 ways, and I picked the Grouper Cozumel with a tequila lime sauce. My piece of fish was quite thin. It was good but not excellent. My husband had the lobster, and he enjoyed it. The bread pudding was a little too firm for my taste, but the sauce was really good. It was a nice place to go out for a date. With one drink each, no appetizer, and one dessert, our bill was over $100 for the two of us.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We always eat here when in Daytona, we were a little concerned we had heard it changed hands. It's still this great old building, super bar. Saturday night had a kickin country singer playing. food was terrific

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nice to see the positive reviews outweigh the negative. Old building is character not like dining in the 70's! Billy's has been around forever - so I wouldn't think 70's describes it - do the one negative comment can be scratched! Long time favorite of long time locals for a few generations who appreciate places other than modern look alike chains! Enjoy it everytime I'm threre!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We ate at Billly's last week and vowed to return soon. The service and the food were exceptional. When we travel to Maryland, we always get crabcakes, and we are usually hesitant to order them anywhere else. The ones at Billy's were great, a very nice recipe made with excellent quality crabmeat, which is difficult to find. One of us had the crabcakes and the other had the Cowboy steak, a bone-in ribeye which was very large, flavorful, and tender. Our salads were the iceberg wedge and the Caesar, both very good.
My husband also had the special of steamed oysters. They were delicious.
The restaurant has a nice small-town feel to it, and everyone is very friendly. There were quite a few children there too. We went early on a Thursday evening and the place was filling fast. Poor acoustics make it a bit noisy, however. We didn't really mind.
I highly recommend Billy's and appreciate their effort to serve exceptional food in a friendly and inviting atmosphere.