“Great dinner place”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Old building just before crossing the bridge. Parking can be hard to find, but after hours you can park across the street in the post office parking lot. It has a lot of old pictures on the wall. The owner greeted us and we were seated without a wait even though it was very crowded. Our waiter took very good care of us and the food was the best dinner we has in Ormond Beach. Will definately go back again.

1  Thank travelswithmyguy
There are newer reviews for Billy's Tap Room & Grill

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Billy's is the 1st restaurant my wife & I went to together in Ormond. And I hope it is the last! To start with the service is top notch! The waitresses & waiters are extremely friendly and make an effort to ensure that you have no wants.
Now for the food. My favorite is their Cowboy steak. A 16oz. Ribeye cooked to perfection. The Crabcakes are cooked with lump crabmeat. The Sea Scallops are always tender & sweet.
The bottom line on Billy's is this..... If you want to have a wonderful meal, with an excellent atmosphere, somewhere that you want to bring someone for a good meal, a special occassion or out of town guest, Billy's is the ONLY palce to go.
Doug, keep up the good work!!

1  Thank Jordan C
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Love the old photos of the area almost as much as the food. It was a rainy night, but it was like stepping back in time, I understand they use lots of the traditional recipes. Martini's were served in antique looking glasses. The soup of the day was clam chowder, lots of clams and delicious flavor. Unfortunately they were out of the lamb shanks, so I had a hamburger steak with mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes and an unusual combination of corn, asparagus and broiled tomato. Hubby has veal marsala, red potatoes and broccoli. All of it was delicious. As we were leaving, a musician was setting up in the bar, which looked very inviting with lots of wood.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Returning from Christmas in Miami we decide to visit some old friends in Ormond Beach, FL. After arriving and enjoying a couple of cocktails we decided to have dinner. Their first response was "Let's walk across the street to Billy's Tap Room". My first inclination was "Oh well. Guess we'll do burgers." Surprise, Surprise. Really don't know how to express this place. Beautiful interior, wonderful staff and one of the best menus this side of who knows where. We enjoyed the BEST frog legs I have ever eaten. Oyster on the half-shell, steamed and Rockerfellow. They have a 2nd page to the menu which offers grouper 22 ways. My wife and I split the mango-chutney pecan crusted plate which was more than enough. Without a doubt the best I have ever eaten. The only thing that would taste better would be MORE! Will definitely return. If you are traveling I-95 near Ormond Beach and looking for a good stopping point I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went there with my spouse and aunt and uncle on a Saturday night and we were looking forward to a nice meal. At the beginning of our evening, the waitress spilled an entire tray of drinks down the side of my 84-year-old aunt's head. The waitress came up behind her so my aunt did not see her coming and it shocked her, to say the least. My aunt was so wet that her hearing aid got wet and she had trouble hearing the rest of the night. The waitress was apologetic and we didn't make a fuss, but do you think that the management offerred her a free drink or dessert or anything????? NO. Really, what are these stupid people thinking?

Ok, now for the food. My husband and I ordered the grouper almandine ($25). Supposedly the grouper was pan sautéed in butter with sliced toasted almonds. The grouper was very dry and tasted like it was fried in oil, not sautéed in butter. There was no butter flavor. It was mediocre, at best. The vegetable side was corn, which tasted like canned or frozen, with one skinny asparagus spear and half a plum tomato. The rosemary foccatia bread and salad were very good. I didn't ask my aunt and uncle how there dinners were as I was already embarrassed that I brought them here.

Once people figure out that this is not the same restaurant that it used to be they will stop coming. They deserve to go out of business.

1  Thank CitygirlLisa