La Fiesta Authentic Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited twice back in May and now again in September. Our first experience was a take out order. We ordered and took home 'Fajitas para dos' and they were delish! We then decided to go there for dinner the following night. What. A. Disaster. Horrible service. Bad food. No one cared or even attempted to make it right. Boo. We were astonished at the lack of service or care given. So, after that horrible visit we, for some reason, decided to give them another chance. We stuck with the fajitas since the other meals were iffy in my opinion. We were very happy with the meal and our service was fantastic. (Thanks Edgar!) I believe in giving credit where credit is due and not just complaining, so on the way out I let the hostess know what a great job Edgar had done and how wonderful our meal was. She totally acted like she didn't care one bit. My only conclusion can be that they don't care about anything- good or bad. :(

1  Thank Ccwgoodeats

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Right in the trails! What a great find. Relaxed atmosphere, almost always busy, good service and a great menu. You can sit in or outside and either way the service is attentive.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We happened upon this restaurant (thanks TripAdvisor!) when we were looking for some good Mexican food near to where we were visiting with family. The atmosphere was relaxed, but the decor was more upscale than found in most restaurants located in strip malls, so it could serve as a destination for either special occasions or a casual meal. The waitstaff was very attentive, bringing chips and two types of salsa (the white one was unique - probably sour cream based, but an intriguing combination of sweet and spicy) as soon as we sat down. The food was great. We ordered the tortilla soup and, even though we have taken numerous vacations in Mexico, it was among the best that we have tasted: while not spicy, it was well-seasoned and contained very fresh-tasting vegetables as well as shredded chicken, shredded cheese, and, of course, tortilla strips. For entrees, we ordered vegetable quesadillas (they have an entire page of vegetarian options on the menu) and salmon. Both were excellent - the quesadillas were flavorful, as was the salmon (which came with a raspberry chipolte sauce that gave it some kick without overwhelming the flavor). The salmon also came with fresh steamed vegetables, which were perfectly cooked and seasoned. We were very pleased with La Fiesta.

2  Thank longtimetravelpro
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The reason for the low score is pretty clear from my title. This was only the main reason.

We arrived and a pleasant but not particularly attentive waiter took our drinks order. The drinks took a while. Although other tables had their servers buzzing around, ours did not. A problem since I had a question about the menu.

The waiter eventually returned and failed to take my drink order but managed the food order for everyone else. He disappeared again!

The real problem was then that the meal was served all at once by multiple waiters, it was a complete mess and in complete chaos.
The result of this was that one of the waiters put a hot plate down on my 4 year old daughter's arm! He glanced at me, clearly scared, as she screamed and left the table as quickly as possible. The other waiters and our table noticed this and we asked for ice. Nothing happened apart from all of us getting ice from our drinks to put on her arm.
Five minutes later we were presented with a glass of ice. The only apology we had was a feeble, quiet and scared "sorry, sorry, sorry" from the waiter who had done the damage when he ran off. No other mention was made.

Now you might think that I would start a big fuss here. Normally you would be right but the injury was not major, my daughter was ok. I was asked by someone at the table not make a fuss and so i did not. Thank you Tripadvisor for allowing me to voice this disaster!

My food arrived with a creamy sauce. The menu had said that it was topped with cheese, not cheese sauce-other dishes specified cheese sauce. I told the waiter this and he returned it after rudely arguing about it. My dish arrived with no cheese at all, a dry dish. I asked where the cheese was and he said all their cheese was cheese sauce. I enquired as to why they had dishes with each option available if it was all the same and why others at our table had shredded cheese on their dishes.
He returned with some shredded cheese in a cup for me to put on my rapidly cooling meal.

I did try my wife's meal at one moment and it was delicious. She had chicken fajitas I wish I had chosen these.

I would never return here, I don't care if it is popular, I care that they hurt my girl and they added insult to injury by not apologising. If I could give a negative review I would, I think I may still report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Goodbye La Fiesta, you will not see us again.

P.S. In case anyone reading this wondered, my daughter's arm had calmed to pink at the end of the meal and returned to normal by the time she went to bed, less traumatised after a nice story from mummy and daddy.

1  Thank ajscubapro
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I am from California and have been on the search for good Mexican food in this area, and La Fiesta delivers on more than one level. Their food is very authentic and tasty. You will find a combination of spicy and mild food - so there is something for everyone!