Upon arrival, the hotel seemed nice enough. Nice lobby decor, nice location, and seemed to keep decent company. We were made to give a 100$ deposit upon check-in, after which the receptionist, arlene, was very rude. She advised me that if anything went missing, was broken, or left in an unsatisfactory state, our deposit would be kept and charges would be filed against me. I am not exxagerating this, it was her exact statement.
The room was spacious enough, nothing huge. The bathroom was quite small, and the balcony was okay for a couple, but not very roomy.
We left the room the 2nd day of out 7 day stay and allowed the housekeeper to clean. She put new towels in, but did not take the old ones off the floor, and also left a note saying she couldnt clean the room because personal items were on the bed. upon arrival back to our room, our door was unlocked. I immediatly called the front desk, and was told the housekeeper would be made aware and it wouldnt happen again. I then let the housekeeper clean a couple days later, again she left the door open, DID NOT CLEAN THE TRASH, and didnt change linens or make bed. This was very upsetting considering the price we paid for the room.
Upon checkout, I was told I'd have to clean my own room spotless, or they would keep my deposit. I cleaned the little trash in the room in under 20 seconds while the executive housekeeper WATCHED, and pointed to things to pick up. It was very rediculous.
I contacted the manager of the hotel the following monday, when he told me he would look into the problem and contact me the next day. No phone call returned, and he will not answer his phone. He did not seem very concerned with the problem, and I would advise anyone visiting this beautiful city to stay in another hotel. You can see in other reviews that housekeeping is a major problem, and noone wants thier vacation ruined by having your goods stolen.
Oh, and not to mention, the hotel often gets full on parking, and you will be forced to park up the street. not very safe nor convienent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the newest hotel in Ormond Beach, Florida and enjoy affordable A1A beachside accommodations near Daytona International Speedway, Ocean Center Convention Facility and the 23 miles of uninterrupted beautiful Florida beaches.Welcome to the Best Western Castillo Del Sol, the best choice in lodging while visiting the Ormond Beach, Florida area where guests will receive comfortable and affordable beachfront accommodations. The hotel provides guests with convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around the Ormond Beach area. Guests staying at this hotel will enjoy guest rooms featuring pillowtop beds, cable satellite television with free movie channels, refrigerator and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Luxurious suites and rooms with ocean views and fully equipped kitchens are also available for those that want to indulge. The Oceanfront Efficiency rooms also include a DVD Player, kitchenette complete with full size Refrigerator, Microwave, Stovetop, Cooking and Dining Ware, and Dining Area, and a private balcony with a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean.Convenient and delicious breakfast can be enjoyed at the hotel's onsite restaurant. There are also 75 restaurants and shops within 2 miles of the Hotel. And to help make life on the road even more comfortable, this Florida Best Western hotel features an outdoor swimming pool and the safety of underground parking.Whether traveling to Ormond Beach FL for business or for pleasure, the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is close to where travelers want to be. Guests can spend the day enjoying the sun, surf and sand at the beach, touring Casements, the Rockefeller summer home, walking the Ormond Memorial Garden or exploring the Kennedy Space Center. NASCAR fans will enjoy being situated so close to Daytona International Speedway. The world's largest Harley Davidson dealership can be found only minutes away from the Best Western Castillo Del Sol.This Ormond Beach hotel frequently hosts guests in town attending local events like Bike Week, the Daytona 500, Cheerleader Nationals and Biketoberfest. And no trip to Ormond Beach is complete without enjoying a day of family fun at nearby Disneyworld and Universal Studios. The Hotel is just 1/2 mile from the Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail.The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Ormond Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Castillo Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ormond Beach
- Ormond Beach Best Western