Best Western Castillo Del Sol
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Driftwood Beach Motel(Ormond Beach)
$69
$62
$59
Sleep Inn(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$59
Super 8 Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$54
$65
Atlantic Cove(Ormond Beach)
$69
The Cove on Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
$123
Agoda.com
OceanFront Inn and Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$77
1,227 results
All reviewsocean frontroom was cleanoceanfront roompastryfree breakfastunderground parkingfire pitan older hotelsmall kitchenbike weekslidersfamily vacationwafflesfull kitchenbwbalconybeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We recently stayed with our 3 children for a weekend (April 24th-26th) for an anniversary getaway and were very pleasantly surprised. Although we did get place in a 4th floor room directly across from the elevator, which made me wary; we heard nothing from anyone around us, including the elevator, the whole stay (even with neighbors that were pretty gregarious). And it was nice - with a toddler that practically needs dragging at times and beach gear for 5 - to be so close to the elevator in the end!
The room was very clean, although as someone else reviewed, they are dark. The beds were great. The carpet decent. None of the worries I usually have.
The staff was extremely friendly and went out of their way more than once to accomodate our requests.
The pool was like bathwater it was so warm, which actually surprised my friend living nearby who came to visit. She said they had a cool, rainy week. So the heater in the pool must have been working.
The ocean view room to the side really doesn't have a view unless you crane your neck around the corner, but we know that routine and weren't worried about it. That's standard Daytona.
The beach is incredible! The kids had a great time. It's really in Ormond Beach just north of the city line for Daytona Beach, so there's a little less hustle and bustle.
We got a great deal, so we had no complaints whatsoever. Look for a coupon!

Reviewed April 28, 2009

We stayed at this hotel in April 09 for almost a week. It really was worth the money. The rooms were spacious and nice. The pool was very nice but not heated so on those 70 degree days it was too cold. The patio area was nice and it is located on a beautiful beach. Ormond Beach is also a very nice area, it is literally 2 minutes from Daytona Beach area. This hotel is close to many restaurants and attractions.

Cons of the hotel- our booking said we would have a DVD player in our room so we brough movies for the nighttime and there was no DVD player and when we asked they said that was only in the Oceanfront rooms (that is not what our reservation said). There was a Hawiaan Tropic salesman on the patio area trying to sell sunscreen at ridiculous prices and such when it was nice out, slightly annoying. There is no fitness center and when I asked about it I was told "Theres 20 miles of beach, I don't know what more you need" he was a little rude.

Pros of the hotel- the firepit was really nice. I thought there would be a lot of people at the firepit but we were the only ones, as a matter of fact I had to ask them at the front desk to turn it on. It was always a quiet way to end the day. Again, the patio area was nice but you had to go down at like 9AM to get a lawn chair. The housekeeping was excellent. We actually talked to ours daily, she was very friendly and helpful. Plentiful parking, especially underground.

Recommendations for this area- if you like Italian food go to this fantastic resturant called The Italian Village, you wont regret it.

Reviewed April 17, 2009

After two nights in Orlando and Disney me and my ten year old son decided for a beach
break during our short stay in Florida.
Daytona and surroundings was the target.
And with reading some reviews together with the fare calculation we´re booked the Castillo del Sol. Let me say, I´am not impressed at all.
The location was easy to reach by car from the motorway.
Directly beneath the hotel is a ready to demolition former hotel, looks terrible.
No time to wait at the front desk, where the guy was not the nicest at all.
While i´ve followed the action between him and the other front desk guy there at the phone,
I´ve thought about that´s a family owned rip-off place here.
With a pre-payed booking he offered us a room on the third floor, directly opposite the escalator.
The entrance so dark that you nearly cant find the room number. The floor wet from the water dropping ice dispenser. Only partial sea view
and the room itself also dark and cold.
No way. He offered an upgrade to a larger room at level six with full beach view for 20.--
Dollars per night. Ok, accepted.
The room was ok, two large beds, chairs and table, a balcony and flat screen TV/DVD.
The door to the balcony was broken and it was not possible to close it complete.
A small bathtub and bathroom, a wash-basin prior to the bathroom door.
Negative was the carpet floor, something what I really dislike.
No breakfast buffet this time, a small breakfast room where you order your
details. The girl was not that friendly, she presented the bill while we asked for some more toast!.
The second day was better, we know what we need and there was an elder female in service. She told us some stories about her time there and that was enjoyable.
The car park was free.
You remember the fixed room upgrade rate?.
30.-- Dollars per day was on the bill during check-out, together with the never used
safe, but not the breakfast from the first day.
Ok, the female desk agent accepted my fare and cancelled the safe also without
much to talk about, so I remembered the breakfast also.
I dont know other Daytona Beach hotels, but this was no. one here when we booked,
unbelievable.

Reviewed March 30, 2009

Well it started at check in…’got a reservation!’ (while seated, she never stood up, really sorry to have been a bother to her...I thought her job was 'greeter?...our mistake)
What ever happened to the ‘congenial front desk’
‘welcome to…’ Don’t expect this story to get any better….it all starts here.
Finally we declare sorely ’ yes, we do’ to that the feeling of arriving to our destination goes downhill. Next we are told ‘ya ‘know the room with a view is not beach or ocean view….right…understand?’ The view was right over the garbage cans, a clear view of the waste this hotel generates’ (save and except the rude employees, none were out there in plain view, that being in the garbage ‘site’. The beach view was approx 5% of the window, the rest (95%)roof and garbage.
Next day (day two): (the room mediocre at best, clean anyways…) This is the only Best Western that does not offer a ‘continental brekky’…instead you will pay…at least $3.50 for a bagel…nice…no wait..read this:…the girl taking the order at the restaurant is a sister to Lurch Addams. Look out, she just grunts when you place the order, and is somewhat ‘Goth’. Too early for that in the morning. Goth I can handle, but grunts and attitude….nope!
Well day three, of a seven day stay…we checked out. Bye bye to this dump, and crappy attitude.
You’d be better advised to sleep on the beach than to sleep here.
Star rating: rates at least an ‘i.o.u.’ a star for attitude and service. rooms 2. stars
Signed: well traveled….and easy to please, but not at this place.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for just one night. The room was clean and had everything we needed. Unfortunately it was not one with a good sea view. The thing that stood out here was the quality of the service, mainly the reception desk crew - it was outstanding and I really felt like they cared. Good value too. I would definitely go back - and would recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple