Best Western Castillo Del Sol
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Driftwood Beach Motel(Ormond Beach)
$69
$62
$59
Super 8 Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$54
$79
Sleep Inn(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$59
Atlantic Cove(Ormond Beach)
$69
The Cove on Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$127
$123
Agoda.com
OceanFront Inn and Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
$77
Travelocity
$65
Hotwire.com
1,227 results
All reviewsocean frontroom was cleanoceanfront roompastryfree breakfastunderground parkingfire pitan older hotelsmall kitchenbike weekslidersfamily vacationwafflesfull kitchenbwbalconybeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Good Experience: (1) The wonderful lady who assisted us with breakfast was very personable, nice, considerate, helpful, friendly, extra-mile-service-giving, kind, engaging and courteous. We truly enjoyed her and, she alone, made our stay extremely memorable.
(2) Our cleaning staff for each day of our stay was very approachable and kind. We appreciated them greatly.
Not-So-Good Experience: Whereas the front desk staff members were kind and knowledgeable, we were charged for using the safe when we had not. We called back to clarify the issue and was asked, "Did you tell the desk person that you didn't use the safe?" I then replied, "If you are in the practice of charging people for the safe then the desk staff should have asked me if I had used the safe. I am not in the practice of telling people what I did NOT do." The lady confirmed my name then abruptly stated, "Ok, I will make sure your charges are removed." I thanked her and hung up the phone feeling very disrespected.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had balcony sea facing on beach room. Chose hotel because of location and stayed two nights. Walking distance to few restaurants for dinner. Receptionist very helpful. Self service breakfast included in room price.
Definately not luxury but adequate but looking very tired and room was clean but needed updating but exceptional good value for money and free underground parking.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was searching for a great deal for a last minute trip to Ormond Beach, Fl. for a family get together. I came across the Best Western Castillo del Sol. The reviews were so-so but since I was only staying one night I decided to risk it. I reserved directly through their website for an internet special of $47. I am so glad that I did. I asked for a renovated ocean view room on the top floor. I was able to check in early with a very nice front desk clerk. I told the front desk that I had invited my cousin to come back with me and asked it there would be any additional charge. That said no problem. The room was large and clean. It was great! Even the ocean view was nice. I just dropped my bags off and left. We got back to the room after 11:30p and decided to step out on the balcony. The door wouldn't open...we couldn't get it to unlock. We called the front desk and they immediately offered to change rooms. Since it was so late we told them it was fine. I don't consider the door a major problem since they were so willing to correct the problem. When I go to Ormond again I will definitely call this hotel. There is also plenty of free parking. The rate also included breakfast which was the typical muffins, breads, cereal and juice. I was surprised they also offered hot scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and a pancake machine!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great ocean view.
1  Thank Sam60805
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Oceanside kitchenette was well worth it. The location was great. It was easy to get to many attractions in the Daytona Beach area. The view was magnificent. The beds were super comfortable. Staff was friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope to return soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were upgraded to an ocean front room and I loved it. It was clean and quiet. There was a little problem with the hot water but the maid gave me a great tip on how to get it to work. The breakfast was excellent and everyone was friendly.

Room Tip: I have stayed in an ocean view and ocean front. The ocean front is worth the money.