I have been to this hotel some years back and everything was great about it then. However, it is still very clean, it has some issues that need to be taken care of to get to the 4 star level. It has a very good staff but some of the amenities need to be looked at. Most of the pool lounges are not comfortable due to the fact that the webbing on them has been used so much that it isn't taut and that makes them very uncomfortable. They were doing construction on the back of building by the pool - they were taking down the old railings around the lanai's and putting in new ones. The chipping of concrete was causing it to fly around the pool and they did have police tape but it still went outside of the tape. Then my brand new car was parked in the parking lot out front by where they were dumping this concrete from floors above into a container they directed to the dumpster and some of the concrete was falling outside of the container and dumpster and I found several big pieces right by my car!! I also couldn't use my lania which is another reason that I stay at a beachfront resort so I can use the lania especially at night. I guess because of the construction they didn't bother to clean up my lanai and put chairs there, I did ask for chairs and they got them for me but it wasn't good to stay out there because the concrete floor was crappy from the construction.
The next thing I found not good was the free wireless internet...I was there for 4 days and one day for about 5 minutes I was able to get internet connection with Best Western. I was not a happy camper about that! I noticed when I connected that there was Outrigger hotel service ( it was right next door to Best Western) there and I stayed the closest to Outrigger Hotel so I was able to connect to their service the rest of the time I was there. I feel that BW internet service needs to be fixed.
But as I said the rooms are very clean and the beds are a little comfortable. I would still come back there but not this year until they get these things fixed. I come to enjoy the outdoors, ocean/pool and just read and relax. With lounges that kill my back (though they had some that were not worn out). I tried to get them but was only successful 2x as others had already gotten them. And they have so much room outside with that extra platform that they should put chairs and tables instead of the picnic tables they have there.
But I still had a relaxing visit, inspite of the things that I mentioned, except for the lounges....my back was killing me when I tried to get up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the newest hotel in Ormond Beach, Florida and enjoy affordable A1A beachside accommodations near Daytona International Speedway, Ocean Center Convention Facility and the 23 miles of uninterrupted beautiful Florida beaches.Welcome to the Best Western Castillo Del Sol, the best choice in lodging while visiting the Ormond Beach, Florida area where guests will receive comfortable and affordable beachfront accommodations. The hotel provides guests with convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around the Ormond Beach area. Guests staying at this hotel will enjoy guest rooms featuring pillowtop beds, cable satellite television with free movie channels, refrigerator and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Luxurious suites and rooms with ocean views and fully equipped kitchens are also available for those that want to indulge. The Oceanfront Efficiency rooms also include a DVD Player, kitchenette complete with full size Refrigerator, Microwave, Stovetop, Cooking and Dining Ware, and Dining Area, and a private balcony with a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean.Convenient and delicious breakfast can be enjoyed at the hotel's onsite restaurant. There are also 75 restaurants and shops within 2 miles of the Hotel. And to help make life on the road even more comfortable, this Florida Best Western hotel features an outdoor swimming pool and the safety of underground parking.Whether traveling to Ormond Beach FL for business or for pleasure, the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is close to where travelers want to be. Guests can spend the day enjoying the sun, surf and sand at the beach, touring Casements, the Rockefeller summer home, walking the Ormond Memorial Garden or exploring the Kennedy Space Center. NASCAR fans will enjoy being situated so close to Daytona International Speedway. The world's largest Harley Davidson dealership can be found only minutes away from the Best Western Castillo Del Sol.This Ormond Beach hotel frequently hosts guests in town attending local events like Bike Week, the Daytona 500, Cheerleader Nationals and Biketoberfest. And no trip to Ormond Beach is complete without enjoying a day of family fun at nearby Disneyworld and Universal Studios. The Hotel is just 1/2 mile from the Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail.The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Ormond Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Best Western, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Castillo Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ormond Beach
- Ormond Beach Best Western