My family (husband and two small children) just spent 6 nights and would have stayed longer if time allowed. We had an oceanfront two queen bed room with a kitchen (refrigerator microwave and stovetop with small assortment of pots pans and dishes). Room was spacious but bathroom is tiny. Hotel staff was friendly with good housekeeping. They are currently renovating (we left today 9/8/12) the balconies above the pool area which makes for potential hazardous swimming. A lady did actually have a piece of concrete fall and brush across her face (she wasn't hurt). It made you weary of swimming or letting your kids in that area either. Would love to see another beach access as the only one could get crowded. Also there are some weeds at the beach stairway that have very sharp thorns that really hurt when you step on them. Overall great stay and would return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to the newest hotel in Ormond Beach, Florida and enjoy affordable A1A beachside accommodations near Daytona International Speedway, Ocean Center Convention Facility and the 23 miles of uninterrupted beautiful Florida beaches.Welcome to the Best Western Castillo Del Sol, the best choice in lodging while visiting the Ormond Beach, Florida area where guests will receive comfortable and affordable beachfront accommodations. The hotel provides guests with convenient access to many local attractions, shopping and dining options in and around the Ormond Beach area. Guests staying at this hotel will enjoy guest rooms featuring pillowtop beds, cable satellite television with free movie channels, refrigerator and free high-speed wireless Internet access. Luxurious suites and rooms with ocean views and fully equipped kitchens are also available for those that want to indulge. The Oceanfront Efficiency rooms also include a DVD Player, kitchenette complete with full size Refrigerator, Microwave, Stovetop, Cooking and Dining Ware, and Dining Area, and a private balcony with a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean.Convenient and delicious breakfast can be enjoyed at the hotel's onsite restaurant. There are also 75 restaurants and shops within 2 miles of the Hotel. And to help make life on the road even more comfortable, this Florida Best Western hotel features an outdoor swimming pool and the safety of underground parking.Whether traveling to Ormond Beach FL for business or for pleasure, the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is close to where travelers want to be. Guests can spend the day enjoying the sun, surf and sand at the beach, touring Casements, the Rockefeller summer home, walking the Ormond Memorial Garden or exploring the Kennedy Space Center. NASCAR fans will enjoy being situated so close to Daytona International Speedway. The world's largest Harley Davidson dealership can be found only minutes away from the Best Western Castillo Del Sol.This Ormond Beach hotel frequently hosts guests in town attending local events like Bike Week, the Daytona 500, Cheerleader Nationals and Biketoberfest. And no trip to Ormond Beach is complete without enjoying a day of family fun at nearby Disneyworld and Universal Studios. The Hotel is just 1/2 mile from the Ormond Scenic Loop & Trail.The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Castillo Del Sol is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Ormond Beach, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Best Western, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Castillo Del Sol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ormond Beach
- Ormond Beach Best Western