“Nice place to eat”

Fancy Sushi
Ranked #120 of 211 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Just tried this brand new place and would like to do a review - and it will be a good one - thank you
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Went with extended family. It is just the perfect sized place. The staff is wonderful. The food is always great. Great place for a special occasion

Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband raved about this sushi. The people there were friendly and fast. Easy to find, good value for the $. I'm not a sushi eater (but I married one!) - and he said he'd definitely go back there again.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Great sushi in Ormond beach finally. Very fresh and tasty spicy tuna rolls. Great service!

1  Thank Urkel1
Reviewed March 21, 2012

A Japanese Grill and Sushi Bar... It's a nice place west of Ormond on Route 40. Located in a small strip mall a little west of I-75. A somewhat small, quiet place with a very friendly staff. Stacey and I decided tonight was our time to try this place as we had heard so much about it. As usual when in a sushi restaurant, we were there only for the sushi. They offer so much more but we were on a mission. We sat at the bar and ordered a Sashimi appetizer and a large hot sake. The sashimi was sliced somewhat thin but was either cut at an angle or cut from a larger piece of fish than I've seen before. The plating was well done and each piece was quite tasty so we were happy. With our saki, the waitress brought out two bowls of a very light soup and what I thought was a small piece of fried fish with a sweet sauce cut into small bites for us to try. It was actually artificial krab wrapped around a little cheese, lightly battered and fried. I much prefer real crab but this was rather tasty and nice as a complimentary beginning to our meal. We then ordered a Rainbow and a Lucky Dragon roll. Both were delightfully presented and very flavorful but a little light on fish. We decided to try another roll and ordered a Ginza roll. While this was another beautiful presentation the roll did not rock our taste buds. Maybe it was the fact that it was thickly breaded and deep fried and the breading was not at all crisp but rather soggy that disappointed us but hey, maybe it's just our own taste as we don't usually order that style of roll. We will return to this little gem of a restaurant when we are in the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I eat here often. This place never disappoints. All aspects are top notch.

Been to Fancy Sushi? Share your experiences!