“Unique new south menu”

Ranked #29 of 227 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Rose Villa Southern Table & Bar is a comfortable casual restaurant in a unique historic setting, featuring Southern inspired cuisine, including our signature southern fried chicken. We offer classic craft cocktails & a nice selection of wines. Our beautiful old Victorian building has been beautifully restored to the era of the 1920’s & today's Rose Villa offers a polished casual atmosphere with Southern hospitality. Whether you come casual & enjoy cocktails & conversation at the bar or enjoy a leisurely dining experience with wine & dinner, you will be charmed. We are open Tuesday - Sunday for lunch & supper with indoor & outdoor seating. We have a media equipped dining room, a garden gazebo & an Absinthe Bar & Lounge, all available for private parties for up to 20 guests.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This last century microhotel for the rich and famous has been converted into an intimate dining place. Lots of Ormond Beach history displayed around the dining room and halls. All of this drew us in but what will bring us back was the food. I had the Rose Villa burger complete with fried green tomato, goat cheese and Vidalia onion jam. Cooked medium it was incredibly tasty. Sided by herbed dusted fries that were hot and delicious. My wife loved the pimento cheese grilled sandwich and the same fries.
Service was excellent and friendly. Parking was ok entering off Granada into their small lot but other parking adjacent was adaquate.
I really want to go back to try a couple of other entrees the server mentioned, the secret recipe fried chicken and their shrimp and grits.
Make time to wander around to take in the whole experience. You will be glad you stopped here.

CSGerow, Owner at Rose Villa Southern Table & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

It was a pleasure having you as our guest. We are happy you appreciate our little house as much as we do.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious food, and great ambiance. Great for a family dinner or a date. Great appetizers (we ordered 3) and two of our party had the special steak appetizer with the watermelon salad for dinner. My husband said the pork chop was awesome. The salmon with risotto was so good!

I highly recommend reservations. This restaurant is in an old house. If you struggle with a flight of stairs, request downstairs.

The Posa Robles wine was amazing and the blueberry lemontiny was delicious. Great selection of drinks!

Thank you for dining with us. We hope you will return in the near future.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I got done early with work and was looking for a light dinner and a few cocktails, and Rose Villa was right next to my previous night's dining spot (Kona Tiki).

Turned out to be quite the nice place. I've actually seen this same restaurant previously as a fusion cooking place, and it's been very nicely redone as a southern dining experience: the decor is pretty much perfect "antebellum dining room", with a very ornate bar (and nominally a much cooler speakeasy upstairs, but not open on my Tuesday visit).

The staff was friendly, willing to make some good recommendations, and the happy hour cocktails particularly nice (The Line, with peach pecan whiskey and tea was particularly pleasant). The shrimp and grits I was recommended was spot-on: perfectly done shrimp, a nice sauce, and a good bed of smooth and creamy grits.

I don't normally do dessert, but the peach and blueberry cobbler I opted for was excellent as well.

Overall, some great food, great friendly service, and reasonable prices. I'd definitely come back.

Cynthia G, Owner at Rose Villa Southern Table & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Thanks so much. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

We met our friends at the very interesting and intimate bar downstairs and Field was our bartender. We enjoyed it very much. We then went in for dinner and had Violet as our server. She was helpful and fun and informative. We shared three appetizers, the deviled eggs, lobster mac and cheese and a roast beet salad. It was difficult to pick the best one. Next my wife had a shrimp salad, I had the chicken and waffles, as did my friend, his wife had the shrimp and grits. Everyone truly enjoyed their meals, but I warn you that the dinner portion of chicken and waffles is overwhelming. Four pieces of chicken and four small waffles. I have become an addict for this entrée at Rose Villa. Look forward to going back and trying some other items. Do yourself a favor and dine here.

Thanks for sharing your experience. We’ll be featuring additional seasonal entrees & desserts regularity, as well, so you’ll have even more choices on your next visit.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

We drove up to Ormond Beach and had lunch here. The restaurant is beautifully restored Edwardian style former hotel. The food and service were excellent. I had Fried Chicken and Waffles with a side of cole slaw - very good, particularly the fried chicken. My husband had Fish Tacos (and the wing from my friend chicken). He said it was great. We will definitely add this to our list of favorites.

Thank you so much. We are now open every day for lunch & supper, with brunch available Saturday as well as Sunday.