“Fantastic Greek Cusine”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We discovered this place a few years ago and always visit when we are in the area.
The food is fantastic, very ample portions and tasty! They have also had a belly dancer the times we have been there so that is fun to watch, really fun :)

One of the best things, besides the food, is the service. We are treated like family (in a good way) and made to feel very welcome. It's the place where you walk away knowing about your server, where she is from and what she is doing. I like that.
We miss Dimitri, the last couple of visits he was off at his other place, but if you are lucky to be there when he is, you will know it. He is a wonderful chef and so attentive to the customers.

I can't remember the drink special (heh) but it was really good and strong. Worth the price.

There are newer reviews for Dimitri's Bar Deck and Grill

Reviewed January 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to take a little road trip to the beach from her home in Deltona (about an hour away). I used my smartphones TripAdvisor app and did a search for waterfront dining in Ormond Beach and Dimitri's On The Beach caught my eye. What appealed to me most was the rooftop dining. We have been experiencing unusually warm weather for January, so we decided to get over to the beach around 4pm, take a walk along the beach and then grab a bite to eat. Dimitri's is a nice Mom and Pop place with a friendly staff, great food, and good prices. I was pleasantly suprised to be served on real dinnerware and glasses. That's rarely the case in a rooftop location on the beach. We started off with the Feta Carbonella and Dolmades appetisers and then shared an Original Gyro. Everything was fresh, hot and authentic. On our next visit, we want to try the Spinach Pie. We had these 3 menu items and two rounds of Margaritas and Capt. Morgan/Coke and our bill was $46 with tax. We thought that was very reasonable. Combine all of this with a great view and atmoshere, it was a great experience. Give them a try!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is the first time I have had feta spread. Excellent. I had the Greek trio and also dolmas. Spouse had the lunch gyro sandwich which is just the sandwich, no sides. Full plates on both. Very pleasant atmosphere.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We eat here at least once a month for a few months in the winter every year whilst escaping the cold wet London weather.
Food is excellent! Staff attentive. Price is reasonable and you can't beat the location on A1A beachside in Ormond.

Slán agus beannacht De leat (Good Health and God's blessing on you)
James & Janice Monaghan Bay Tree House Bed & Breakfast.

7  Thank James M
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were walking the beach and a local recommended this place. My husband and I had to purchase shirts at the surf shop next door to eat, but it was well worth the $30.00 to do so. Great beer & lunch specials. My husband had the California Artisan sandwich and I had the Gyro special...the best Gyro I have ever had. I am sorry that I didn't try the pasta or potato salad side dish. Great view of the Ocean and Ormond Beach. We will be back! Thanks!