“Wonderful Food with a view”

Dimitri's Bar Deck and Grill
Ranked #97 of 210 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We ate lunch on the rooftop dining patio. The food was fresh and tasty. The rooftop dining patio had a lovely view of the ocean. The day we were there there were surfers to watch while we waited for our meal. We enjoyed our lunch and would go back the next time we are in the area.

1  Thank MissouriDaisy

Reviewed December 6, 2011

I like to find locally owned places when travelling and dishes I'm not likely to get at home. My wife and I came here for late lunch on an off-peak Sunday afternoon, so there weren't many customers, which meant our server had plenty of time to explain the menu and make recommendations. I'm glad the resort concierge recommended Dimitri's, because this was the best meal of our brief trip. We shared orders of saganaki, dolmades and lamb souvlaki. I've never had these before, and now I'm ready to find somewhere close to home that serves them, or maybe learn to make my own. The highlight of the meal was the lamb souvlaki, or kabobs. The lamb was cooked perfectly with a perfect char from the grill. And the seasoning was tasty but not overwhelming.

2  Thank thetractorman
Reviewed November 28, 2011

We went back to Dimitri's 3 times...why mess with success. Great food, good portions, and reasonably priced Greek food and wonderful traditional American Thanksgiving meal. Average dinner $11-$13. Wonderful appetizers!

1  Thank patient123
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Had gyro but tasted like vinager. Staff was friendly but all our meals tasted the same, like vinegar. Portions were large which wife didn't like, but I thought was good, ha.

1  Thank JD H
KMB316, Guest Relations Manager at Dimitri's Bar Deck and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

So sorry about your negative experience at Dimitri's. I wanted to let you know that we do not use vinegar in our Gyro's, sauces or dressings. The cucumber sauce is made the authentic Greek way with yogurt, cucumber, garlic and other seasonings. The dressing used in salads and on some sandwiches consists of Dimitri's signature dressing which includes olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon and other spices. We offer other selections on the menu such as burgers, fries, seafood, fish and chips and more, that do not contain the Greek spices. Thank you and we hope you can make another visit and try some of our other options!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

good tasy freshly cooked food did not have too wait long even though it was busy looking forward next year to their outdoor deck