“Surprised to find a gem like this in a beach community”

Toscana Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Toscana Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fountain Square Plaza on Granada Blvd and A1A
Description: Chef Tony creates new dishes by using the best products on the market with personalized presentation. Toscana remains one of this town"s best-kept secrets for those who love the freshest ingredients and finest food, Toscana's exuberant focus on using only the best, richest and ripest ingredients keeps sophisticated palates, while enjoying old-world hospitality. Wine selections and favorite dishes that make dining at Toscana feel like an honored tradition. An evening at Toscana is a tribute to an Old World way of enjoying food. Pure white cotton linens and simple decor act as a setting to enhance the beaut Toscana is a classic Old World Italian restaurant you would love. Toscana is the Finest Decorated and Furnished fine Dining Restaurant in Daytona Beach Area.
new england
“Surprised to find a gem like this in a beach community”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Hard to believe people rate pizza places over Toscana . Great fresh sauces fresh fish would do well in Boston or new York . Go if you want top shelf Italian at a reasonable price.

1 Thank ctgolftravel

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Toscana The new renovated Restaurant in Ormond Beach”
Reviewed September 30, 2011

our two favorites restaurants in ormond beach are la creep and rose villa we heard about the new remodeled tuscana Italian restaurant here in ormond beach and were considering taking our friend there for an early dinner yes we were unsure but when we found out that frank love the former manager of la creep who has taking very good care of us for the last twenty years was part of the new restaurant our minds was made up we arrived around 5oclock and were warmly welcomed by a very pretty young lady and escorted through the main dinning room to Alton's room named after the chef and owners first son our round table was Idelle for us frank was over as we sat down and introduced us to floereano a native of Italy with a very strong accent as our server he apologised for not having a full bar but reassured us it was weeks away how refreshing it was to have a polished server just over from Italy my wife and i both like pino grigio but wanted to try a different white wine our server recommended the UN oak ed Italian chardonny house wine we had two glasses it was wonderful pear melon vanilla flavour he also informed us about the specials and his favorite's with sush pass on we all wanted to try one of each how ever we all had table side Caesar salad prepared by frank as good as every after we had finished the salad frank came over and i just had to ask him about the fresh English Dover sole he remembers it was our favored at la creep but for 25 dollar per person it seamed way under priced frank told us it was part off the chef sunset menu Sp from 4 to 6 pm we could not resist we all ordered it is served wit h fresh organic veg and chef starch of the day De boned at table side it looked marvelous we had two large filet's each topped off with a lemon white wine capers diced parsley sauce HEAVEN we did skip dessert that evening as we were going to theater we all agreed it was a truly an Art full dinning experience cant wait to return

• Visited September 2011
4 Thank Mary N
Italy-Daytona
“apologies “That's the way it is!””
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I'm the pasta chef working at Toscana. I was born, raised, and trained as a chef in Italy.I have worked at restaurants all over the world including a Michelin star restaurant in Los Angeles. I would like to respond to your comments because I am shocked that you had such a negative experience.
I crafted your pasta with a little old-fashioned Pasta Maker like my mother taught me growing up. I personally slow cooked the bolognese for four hours with the finest ingredients choosen from local stores and companies.

I am very concerned by your dissatisfaction and discussed this with the waiter. It seems that there was a miscommunication. You requested the pasta to be al dente however the pasta you selected was a fresh pasta. I should have clarified with the waiter or to you personally the difference between fresh pasta and al dente. Fresh pasta can not be al dente because it is done with regular flour not with hard wheat flour.
I offer my sincerest apologies. The day you dined with us was our official relaunching week and we were still working out some glitches. We want only the finest food served to our customers. We have carefully evaluated this situation and assure that future costumers will have a much more positive experience.
I assure you that many of our customers leave our restaurant feeling very satisfied and commenting that "this was the best pasta they have ever eaten". My goal is to see the plates coming back without left overs. I check all of them so I can continually evaluate and improve. More than often, people clean the plate with a piece of bread to dry up the sauce.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank kennet72
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“That's the way it is!”
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Eight of us tried Toscana tonight, never to return again. The "chef" does not allow any changes. If you prefer a different type of pasta with another one offered on the menu it is not allowed. The biggest transgrestion though was warm not hot food and pasty pasta. When three people order the same pasta dish and the dishes are collected with only a quarter of the food eaten there is something wrong. When we asked the waiter if the "chef" had any comment about the return of food we were told that his comment was "that's the way it is!"..Clearly the chef does not put his customers needs above his own. The service was interesting, one waiter with two assistants learning. The bread was delivered then a tray with three plated containing three pads of butter was placed on the table. I assume no one had given instructions that the plates should be distributed. When it came time for grated cheese everyone but one was asked if they wanted any. I could go on and on but bottom line I can only say that we will be talking about this experience for a long time in the sense of forewarning our friends and anyone else considering going to this resturant to rethink their decision. I last thought, the resturant had hardly any customers so there you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2011
TheFoodAndWineLover, Owner at Toscana Ristorante Italiano, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
"Thats the way it is"
The way this sounds is like we didn't care, But We Do Care.
So Lets Start.
The Server Comes in to my Kitchen and Says Hey Chef This lady is Italian and She Would like
Her Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta Aldente (Under Cooked).
I Said it Is Impossible to make fresh Pasta Aldente, let her choose something else. "Please."
My Server Ordered The fresh Tagliatelle Pasta and we served them, as we usually do.
3 Tagliatelle on that table, and 11 total during that night, was served.
The Server Comes Back and Says, the Lady Would like Some Extra Meat sauce...and then I knew that this would become a problem...Madona Mia :-(( Putting more sauce in a fresh pasta it becomes a ragu pasta but with apprension, we gave her more sauce anyway.
The Waiter comes back and Says: The Lady Said this Pasta tastes like Tomato Paste,
I told my server thats the way it is, when you put more sauce in a fresh pasta.
So The Server said (I told the lady we make a fresh Meat Sauce we cooked about 4 hrs)
She Replayed (I know whats good Meat Sauce is it needs to cook for 8 days).
My Point is The fresh pasta Cannot be made Aldente. And for the Meat Sauce....

We were open for about a week, when this party had first arrived. We are sorry that the communication between the Chef, the Waiter, and the Guest became a big misunderstanding. We hope this will not happen in the future

Please, Next time. Try Dry Pasta Gitara. I Personally Will Cook it For You Free Of Charge,
You Will Love it. I Personally guarantee it.!

Ormond Beach
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I love Toscana, the best food in Ormond Beach. It is a little pricey, but I'm willing to pay for quality. I am a picky eater and don't really like going out to eat because I'm almost always dissapointed with the food around here. I ordered the cheese tortellini, the pasta is homemade and the tomato sauce is delicious! My husband ordered a chicken and sausage dish that he loved. Also, another time we went my Mom ordered sea bass which they debone at the table. Nice! Can't wait to go back!