“A Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Artisan Kitchen - CLOSED

Artisan Kitchen
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A new vegetarian restaurant even carnivores love has come to Ormond Beach. In the former Mango Sun location, our extensive menus offer something for everyone, including great options for vegans, vegetarians, gluten-intolerance and meat lovers. Same menu you've come to love (with healthier additions). Same, friendly staff.
Jacksonville, FL
“A Pleasant Surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Searching for a vegan-friendly restaurant in "Southern Fried" Florida is almost impossible... so when something says "vegan-friendly", one has to be skeptical at best. But, as I always tell my wife, "Expect nothing and you'll always be pleased."

I was pleased above and beyond what I could've set myself up for.

I had stopped by the previous day to snag a menu before committing to what might be a disappointing experience. I am far more open to new cuisine choices than my wife, so I thought I'd let her take a look at the menu. When she indicated an interest in eating there, I had already scoped out my choice: the Portabello Burger with no cheese and avocado slices added. She settled for the Veggie Wrap with a slight detour to the Pineapple Fritters.

The fritters came first (again, this is the deep-fried South), and they certainly didn't disappoint! Still settling into our vegan lifestyle somewhat, they were still delicious!

Appeasing my conscience, my burger arrived. What a tremendous flavor! And I was surprised by the grilled onions I hadn't expected! Add to that a side of grilled veggies (carrots and broccoli), and the dish itself was complete. I will definitely be returning in the future when business/pleasure brings me down Ormond Beach way.

Highly recommend, as they have an amazing set of above-standard fare for those whose food choices are more traditional!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank PWRamirez

Palm Coast
“Nice Armosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have visited the Mango Sun several times and always enjoyed the 'treat " outside before you enter.
Regular food,,, prepared in a special way!

1 Thank LdevPalmCoast
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great Eclectic Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great Grits, Pineapple Fritters, Eclectic Menu, friendly owner.
Will go back.

• Visited June 2012
Louisiana, USA
“Fresh & delicious food! And we are Lousiana natives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Delicious breakfast served until 2 p.m. We ate here twice! Several people had recommended another place in Ormond Beach for breakfast, but it did not compare to Mango Sun! I had fresh squeezed orange juice and the Crabmeat Eggs Benedict on a crossaint (enough for two!) which was fresh and delicious! My husband and daughters had french toast and eggs. The sides were: fresh fruit, grits, hash browns & fried sweet potatoes...all were good. The service was impeccable, the amotsphere great! (We sat outside with the talking bird and the girls (22 & 25) loved it!) Don, one of the owners, was friendly and helpful. If you like fresh food, at a reasonable price and good service, eat here!

Visited June 2012
Palm Coast, Florida
“above average local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Perhaps the reason the restaurant always seems to function like clockwork is one of the owners is usually on duty making sure everthing is to your satisfaction. Perhaps it's the pineapple fritters on the breakfast (served all day) menu. Perhaps it's just the quality meals. Whatever, it's worth stopping by.

• Visited June 2012