“Perfect Vacation Atmosphere”

Ranked #22 of 209 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: \'Grind\to eat or consume food, used mostly when one is very hungry and will eat a lot.DescriptionWith the warmth and ambiance of a 19th century pub and a menu to challenge the trendiest of the 20th century restaurants, Grind is like no other dining experience in the area.Enjoy our Kona Tiki Bar out on the beautiful deck while sipping on an Island drink with live entertainment.
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

This is a great resturant, the setting of the tiki bar is really nice. I got the crab cake sandwiches, they were so good! They had a good kids menu also & they had live music that night which was really fun.

Kevin W, Owner at Grind Gastropub, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

We love that you mentioned our kids menu. Thank you for taking the time to post. We strive to provide excellent service and options for everyone at every age! :) See you next time!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Friends and I had the pleasure of dining outside one evening with the gas heat towers keeping us very comfortable. Had the coconut shrimp and crab cakes, they were both superb. The thai chicken pizza was also yummy and kept well in the fridge for a day. Will definitely be back!

Awesome! Great to know our Thai Chicken Pizza was yummy in the fridge a day after! :) I appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback and we all look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Grind on a weeknight, weather was "brisk"... I had heard that the outside dining section out back was nice, but was pleasantly surprised at HOW nice. Let me backtrack a little and say that I had been to this location a couple years ago when it was "Caffeine", and the improvements are dramatic. In fact, I can't imagine why anyone would even WANT to dine inside. The outdoor area was decorated tiki/island-ey style, nicely done, was covered with a tent-like roof, had orchard heaters going. Very tasteful, low-key and well executed. We wanted to dine "tapas" style, so we ordered the "love bites" (steak tips) and one pizza each. The pizzas were medium-sized, thin crust, wood-fired... they were FANTASTIC. We split a "White Room" pizza and an "Imagine" pizza and had to get a "to-go" container for the few slices we didn't finish. Those warmed up nicely for brunch the next day. Our server was (forgive my spelling?) "Rhianne"? There was an accoustic duo playing, perfect for the atmosphere. We're going back for sure, maybe this week! My only question is, "How comfortable will the 'al fresco' dining be when the weather warms up?" I guess we'll see. I recommend Grind whole-heartedly.

So have you been back since it's gotten really hot out? I sure hope so...it's still a crowd fav with all our fans providing a cool breeze! This is such rad feedback...I really appreciate it. We love that you are happy with the improvements and changes...it's almost been a year now. Time flies and we sure are having fun! Looking forward to serving you inside or out next time you dine at Grind!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My kind of place with fun decor, good music, excellent food and nice waiters. The menu offers a variety of choices for any palate and it was a difficult decision because it all looked interesting. I enjoyed sitting outside and am happy that I read the reviews before selecting a place. If you like a fun tropical atmosphere this is the place.

Review are so important, aren't they? Thank you for taking the time to post! I am happy you were and thank you for letting others know about your experience! Looking forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed March 27, 2014

So, we had cold weather on spring break in Ormond Beach (mid March), but a dinner stop at Grind was a great find! The staff was extremely friendly... Just the right amount of attentiveness/no rush. Fish tacos and crab cake sliders were both much better than the usual suspects you find on a seafood menu. The beer selection had plenty to offer. Prices were not bad either. As we left, we noticed a band was setting up for evening entertainment, which would have been a great cap to an awesome meal.

So happy to hear about your experience! Next time you're around we hope you decide to try us out again. Remember to check out our entertainment schedule online so you can enjoy our live entertainment which we provide seven days a week! See you soon!