“These people KNOW BBQ!”

Description: Award-Winning Barbecue in Daytona Beach, FL
East Ridge, Tennessee
“These people KNOW BBQ!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have never had a bad experience at the Smoke Shack. We have tried everything from the smoked chicken to the brisket, the pulled turkey to the pulled pork sandwich, and my husband's favorite..., the wings. The owners are friendly, knowledgeable & the whole atmosphere is laid back (ITS BBQ!) They have won awards for their sauces & it is obvious why. We enjoy everything about this place all the way down to the sweet tea! Go, and enjoy some BBQ!

1 Thank bornvol

“What more could I want?”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

As a dinner in the Volusia county area my whole life I am blown away by reviews I've read regarding Smoke Shack BBQ. I have eaten at EVERY BBQ place in this town and to see people write reviews complaining about plates and the strip mall location leave me baffled! It is a BBQ restaurant, not fine dining, and that's that! They portions are always filling! 2 people can eat from 1 combo platter. You don't like the price of the full plate meals then get a dinner special for $10! The fried food is cooked to order and always crispy. The brisket is always tender and the pull pork is delicious! If you want good BBQ this is where you need to come!

2 Thank FoodieGirl2323
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Worst BBQ I ever had”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I took my out of town guests there for what I thought, according to advertising, would be an excellent BBQ meal. I was so embarrassed when EVERYTHING was terrible. Dry overcooked meat, lousy sides. Not sure how they stay in business. $100 for 4 people, worst BBQ I ever had...

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank beachside858
Saginaw, Michigan
“OK BBQ”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The BBQ was average but flavorful. The smoke flavor was there but it did not seam real authentic. Brisket was very dry and needed the sauce for moisture. The ribs were somewhat better and the pulled pork was good. Sides were pretty good also. In comparison the Famous Dave's locations blow it away.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank RADIATORMAN1
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Mushy”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I don't care how many trophies they have on display, the meat is always SALTY and taste like it's been sitting in liquid for hours. The sides HAVE to be Sysco or some other food distributor. Definitely not home made.

Visited March 2012