“Fun place and excellent customer service”

Houligan’s Irish Sports Pub
Ranked #44 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Fun place and excellent customer service”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here Thursday, Aug. 29 so my husband could catch some college football in a sports bar atmosphere. We got there shortly after 5 pm and it wasn't overly crowded yet but it did get much busier as the evening progressed. You could tell it was a favorite with local by the license plates in the parking lot. Apparently you are allowed to smoke in outdoor dining spaces in Florida and outside the entrance to the restaurant they have set up tables and chairs but even have a long bar top area with bar stools and lots of TVs. I didn't like having to walk through the smoke to get to the front door but if I were a smoker I'm sure I would love that outdoor space.
Ty was our waiter and was very personable and prompt with taking the order and bringing things out. They had some happy hour drink specials when we got there and our food was very good (my seafood was better than we had a few nights earlier at a seafood place) - especially the chocolate molten cake! Lots of TVs everywhere to catch every sporting event available.
The thing that really sticks out in my mind is that I unknowingly dropped my Rayban sunglasses off the chair my purse was sitting in and I didn't realize until about 20 minutes after we left. We immediately called them back and they had been found by a staff member and turned in to management. I quickly returned (with sunglasses case in hand to prove they were mine) and was able to retrieve my nice sunglasses. It would have been very easy for someone there to decide to just keep them, but everyone involved showed a lot of integrity in holding them for the rightful owner.

• Visited August 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Nice Layout of Restaurant with lots of TVs”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first visit and it was a pleasant one. The restaurant is layed out in tiers with plenty of TVs suspended from the ceiling and mounted on the walls. Booths were comfortable with high backs offering a bit of privacy. Plenty of tables around too if you don't like booths. Food was good. Drinks were good. Waitress was very attentive. Atmosphere was quiet (at lunchtime). Nicely air conditioned which was a plus. No smoke inside as they made the smoking people sit outside on the patio.

• Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“fun, loud, tasty”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went with our two young girls and had a good dinner. This is nothing spectacular but for a quick, comfortable dinner with kids, this is a great place. I got the BLT which was good and my husband really enjoyed his reuben. My tomato was clearly unripe which the chef should have noticed but it was still a tasty sandwich. Their homemade ranch dressing was amazing!

Our server was friendly and the service was fast. We'll definitely be back, especially since it was kid-friendly.

• Visited July 2013
Waverly
“Awful”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Nothing fresh or homemade. Wings, ribs, shrimp, & mushrooms all came straight out of a freezer bag or box. Will not go back.

Visited July 2013
“Pretty good”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

This was the only place we found open for a late dinner. Quite thankful we found it. It was a typical sports restaurant/bar and the food followed suite. Nothing special but everything we ordered was ok. I ordered a side salad and French Onion soup. The soup came out luke warm but they corrected it with no problem. The other meals were standard fare for a sports bar. Good but not great. If you are out late with no where else to go, this is a good option.

Visited July 2013