“Never going back”

Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
“Never going back”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hello,

I am writing my first review as a warning. If you are trying to take someone out for a special occasion like a birthday. This is not the place. I feel so bad as my father flew in from being stationed in Haiti as he works for State Department and wanted to treat due to missing my wife's birthday and to have a family dinner.

I will say in the past my wife and I had dinner here and it was good, its been many months since then. I am not into sushi, but everyone at the table said it was good then it turned good to the worse experience all 6 of us have had in the past year.

When they brought my mother and my dinner out it wasn't what we ordered and to have what I wanted it would be an additional charge. We ordered the Imperial deluxe though they sent something similar. My Mother dealt with it though if I wanted chicken I would have ordered chicken. So I had them take it away. I tried my sisters shrimp and it was the worst I have ever tried. I am not a Chef though to describe it, it was like chewing warm rubber. My father who also had the Shrimp simply did not eat his due to the poor quality, my sister did not like hers so again did not eat it.

They sent someone to the table to figure out what was wrong with my meal and that person did not speak very much English. When we asked to speak to the manager about my wifes meal I think the chef or owner came by, though left quickly and seemed bothered. I think he was just mad at the waitress though my sister asked for a coke and when she was in the middle of a word asking for the sauce he left.

We then asked about my wife's dinner and was told the kitchen is backed up. Strange how the steaks, shrimp, chicken and everything else was out on the table and they were finishing their meals or what they could eat though something like soup would be delayed till everyone at the table is done.

The waitress admitted my mothers and my Imperial deluxe was her fault, she said that she has only been working two days. I think she should have a notepad and also checked on tables. We had to a few times get her attention for refills on cokes. My sister never had her sauce for her meal and she had to ask a few times. Fine, service was messed up, but the shrimp I tried was shocking as well. I can deal with either bad service or food though can not when both are terrible.

I know what people are saying reading this, though we are not complainers or people looking for free service. My wife works in the restaurant business and we know how tough it is, not only for the staff, but for the restaurant itself. Our ending bill was still over 100 usd and we still did a 10% tip. Though talking to my wife right now, we feel cheated.

They removed my meal and my wife's. They also took off 15% from the bill. Still, we feel like we paid for a bad time and terrible food. Unless they change things I do not see them staying open.

• Visited May 2013

Ormond Beach, Florida
“WORST EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We decided to try this place,instead of going to our favorite Japanese Steakhouse around the corner because someone told us to. We went for my son's 16th birthday. It was a TERRIBLE experience, the worst customer service I have ever had. We waited an 1 1/2 hour and still no chef was there to prepare our meal. I was offered one free beer after half an hour of waiting and was told someone would be there in 10 min. That turned into another hour of waiting. Even though we did not complain during this time, I still expected to see a manager come over as we were visibly just sitting there waiting. I even asked for a manager. By 9pm (after a little over 1 1/2 hr of waiting) I asked to speak with the manager on duty. 10 min later, no one came out. By this time, we asked to be checked out. My son was good natured, but I know he was disappointed. We owe him a make up at another restaurant with great customer service. Will NEVER come back.

• Visited May 2013
Upstate NY
“Bland sushi....”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Uncrowded so no wait. Quiet. Prompt service. Had multiple different sushi dishes. All but one tasted the same. Uninteresting presentation. Would not go back. There are better sushi places in the area.

Lake George, New York
“One of the better ones”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Dinner- tuna hand rolls were good-
tried the dinner for 2 it's a value - $37- ginger dressing a bit salty but good -soup was nice, large plate of food- tuna, filet Mignon tips, chicken and scallops over noodle with rice on the side. It was good and filling. Hit it on happy hour 2 for 1 pleasant interior. FYI it on South Nova next to the fire department the GPS had in on the North side.

1 Thank goodtogo777
Ormond Beach
“Always a Good Time”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Very consistent and we always have a great time. Cooks are talented and serve at the habatchi grill with style and good humor. The wait staff is helpful and curious. We always enjoy the experience.

1 Thank Mike L M