“Incredibly delicious German food.”

European Cafe & Schnitzel House
Ranked #18 of 234 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: German, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 week ago

Located in what would have been the livingroom of a cape cod style house this is a real charmer of a restaurant decorated with a German motif right on Atlantic Ave in Ormond beach (a couple of miles from Daytona Beach. The food is delicious - so much so that I hope this review doesn't bring an onslaught of diners - I'm selfish and haven't had to wait for a table in the past. The schnitzel is fantastic and the portions are huge. Lots of other choices as well. The staff is delightful and you will leave with a full belly and a big smile on your face.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The food was wonderful here. The chicken noodle soup was literally just like my grandmother used to make, and she was very German. I had the pierogi and the cabbage rolls, and they were great. The staff was very polite, and the food was served very hot. It's a little bit pricey, but worth it. The only thing I didn't like about the place was that the ladies' room was extremely warm. The building is pretty small, so they probably don't have enough room to change that, though.

Reviewed 1 week ago

So glad we found this quaint cafe in Ormond. Schnitzel two dozen different ways! Charming and inviting setting with outstanding service. Nice German beer list, great bread and cheeze spread with every meal. This will be at the top of our list for return visits.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Three of us had the sauerbraten and all of us were extremely disappointed. It was pot roast with an odd tasting gravy, not what you expect for sauerbraten. The red cabbage had a smoky taste with scallions on top! The potato pancakes were inedible...salty and odd tasting and over cooked. The apple sauce came from a snack pack container where the top was pulled off. We’ve been eating German food forever... my mom 87 years and me 65 years. Food flavors vary but this food was just poor.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fans of brats and knockwurst must visit, but the schnitzel is the driest and most overcooked I have encountered. Shoe leather would probably easier to cut and chew. Skip this choice unless your yearn is for sausage and kraut...