“Nice surprise”

Cuisines: German, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We’d been curious about this place and what a nice surprise it was! Very old style German decor-just missing bier steins! A very good menu, loaded w schnitzel varieties and sauerbraten. German music was playing, the staff very attentive. The food yummy, portions huge. They bring rye bread w a delicious cheese spread that reminded me very much of meals in Croatia and Serbia. Did not have dessert although the streudel sounded great. It was a real treat, a little trip to Europe.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

I wasn’t overwhelmed. My sister and I were looking for somewhere new to eat so we decided to give this place a try. We lived in Germany for several years and ate a lot of good food while we were there. Food wasn’t bad but it didn’t make me feel like I wanted to come back again . The portions were very small for $20 plates. I also had a Riesling in a very small glass but not a small price and it was okay as far as Riesling goes. The wooden bench seating wasn’t the most comfortable But not the worst either. Without appetizers and Two entrées one small wine and a Diet Coke the bill was over $56 before tip. We just didn’t feel it was worth the money for what we got. I had the goulash and my sister had the bratwurst and knockwurst. My sister thought her food was OK but did not love it and she did not like the bratwurst.

1  Thank Debra F
Reviewed September 12, 2018

This restaurant is located in a very old house on A1A in Ormond. It basically has what was a living room. There is also another small room with a very small bar and waitress station. It appears to be a family affair. No chain or franchise management here. Very good service and if you like schnitzel, you are in luck. They also feature sauerbraten and knockwurst/bratwurst plates. If you like real German food with no frills, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday dinner. Worst part was choosing between Sauerbraten and jaeger schnitzel. Went with the Sauerbraten. Was delicious, spaetzle and red cabbage as well. Hubby had schnitzel cordon blue. Very good meal!

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

Wandering oaken’s Trading post and sauna is what this spot reminded me of. After running in from a torrential down pour we landed in this place and was greeted by an authentic setting and good attentive service. The young lady that took care of us was confident in all the menu items and also provided timely service. We had potato pancakes, and the local favorite schnitzel which was incredible. The chicken soup, along with the perrogies were equally as tasty as well. Don’t hesitate to stumble into this awesome and affordable spot.