“Go for the schnitzel!”

Cuisines: German, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

2 very small dining rooms in an old house on A1A. Dated decor but so what. Brought some neighbors who are not familiar with German cuisine and they loved it. Super-large schnitzels with a choice of accompaniments, e.g. Mashed potatoes and gravy, fries, german potato salad. Soup came with and we all tried the sauerkraut and bacon - best I have ever had. Portions so large we all took home leftovers. Excellent dark bread with a cheese spread. My husband had the pierogis filled with mashed potatoes - he is a connoisseur of pierogis and loved them. Several beer choices but the wine list sorely lacking. Mediocre house wines and the German wines are nondescript and boring. No good German red wine . Server was a young European gal who was prompt, knowledgeable and affable. No room for dessert. Bill for 2 with glass of wine, iced tea and tip around $45. A touch of Deutschland in Ormond Beach, Fl.

1  Thank Becker1

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The café is an old house converted into a family-type restaurant with 2 dinning rooms seating about 35 to 40 people. The prices are higher than what is listed on their website. I had Bavarian Chicken Schnitzel costing $13.95. Desserts were $3.50. Bill for two of us was $45.05 including tax and 18% tip. Nice atmosphere and the staff were really good - fast service and timely with the bill. You have to walk up about 5 steps; there is a hand rail to help the handicapped but is not wheelchair accessible. I would recommend making reservations.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We ate here 3 years ago when we were on vacation, glad it was still here. The food is delicious and the serving sizes are outrageous. The Schnitzel is scrumptious. The decor is kitchy but it grows on you. I love this place.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Seen this place on A1A many times and finally decided to try it out with the boyfriend. The decor was interesting and the server was friendly.

The sauerkraut soup was AMAZING! Usually I'm not that much of a fan of sauerkraut (I'll eat it, but never desired/craved it), but it was soooo good. We'd go back on that soup alone! The cheese spread and bread was good, too.

The main dishes were good, too. My bf got some bratwurst plate which was just okay. I got the Schnitzel ala Mark and that was so good! Who knew applesauce and meat mixed so well together!

Overall, great place - would definitely come back :-)

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Food had a great taste. One server for the entire dining room. The place needs a major renovation. I probably won't go back.