“Vegetarians Rejoice!”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Being a vegetarian may seem easy at any Asian restaurant but Saigon Bistro goes out of their way to make the Vietamese vegetarian experience awesome with or without the tofu.
A family owned and operated business you are greeted by a small Vietamese woman with a smile on her face Que (Quay) who is one of the owners. The atmosphere is authentic Vietamese and the food is fresh and custom made. They have a menu that comes with a picture book of all their dishes but the secret for vegetarians is to just ask. The cook is Al who is also one of the owners and he will modify anything on the menu for vegetarians...even the subs!! He can make the soup with homemade vegetable broth and will make it as spicy as you want (or not). The food is all freshly made and made to order. You can even hear him chopping the vegetables. Absolutely delicious!. Highly recommended for lunch or dinner and being the only vegetarian in the group, we eat there often and the price is right!

1  Thank sea2sky13

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Delicious Vietnamese food... FRESH, authentic, lovingly presented. We enjoyed lunch and returned the next evening for dinner.

Also, please note that the restaurant is EASY to find... just look for a BIG "600" on S. Yonge St (US 1). Off street parking. NO problem with the "area"!!

Open for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We purposely haven't tried this restaurant due to its location and exterior condition. After reading other reviews, we decided to give it a try. It appears the inside has been updated, both of us were pleasantly surprised how clean it was. Very happy to say the food was wonderful! Everything is prepared fresh, nothing here is prepared in advance and the quality of the food reflects it. Our waitress was new, and her lack of familiarity was offset by her desire to deliver a quality service. We tried the sampler appetizer; the spring and autumn rolls were to die for. Our entrees were as tasty. If you can get over the appearance of the exterior and location of this restaurant, you must give it a try. You will not be disappointed, especially if you like Vietnamese Food.

1  Thank falconman1
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were quite surprised by how tasty the food is at the Saigon Bistro.
We enjoyed the service and attention we received there as much as the food.

1  Thank jtrn
Reviewed June 2, 2012

You will be greeted by the owner, Que (pronounced "kway"), with a warm and welcoming smile! The first dinner I had in this place, I felt like Que was a long lost aunt - her service was superb!! I have my Vietnamese favorites but in this place, I would ask Que to suggest what I should try. ALL her suggestions were perfect to my liking! I have yet to try from their Thai menu... Too many choices, I want to try them all! :) Will keep coming back as long as I work in the area. Try it, you'll love it!!

1  Thank Nissins

Been to Saigon? Share your experiences!