“Don't judge a book by its cover.”
Review of Saigon

Saigon
Ranked #118 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Daytona Beach, FL
“Don't judge a book by its cover.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We purposely haven't tried this restaurant due to its location and exterior condition. After reading other reviews, we decided to give it a try. It appears the inside has been updated, both of us were pleasantly surprised how clean it was. Very happy to say the food was wonderful! Everything is prepared fresh, nothing here is prepared in advance and the quality of the food reflects it. Our waitress was new, and her lack of familiarity was offset by her desire to deliver a quality service. We tried the sampler appetizer; the spring and autumn rolls were to die for. Our entrees were as tasty. If you can get over the appearance of the exterior and location of this restaurant, you must give it a try. You will not be disappointed, especially if you like Vietnamese Food.

1 Thank falconman1

Ormond Beach, Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were quite surprised by how tasty the food is at the Saigon Bistro.
We enjoyed the service and attention we received there as much as the food.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank jtrn
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent food, excellent service!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

You will be greeted by the owner, Que (pronounced "kway"), with a warm and welcoming smile! The first dinner I had in this place, I felt like Que was a long lost aunt - her service was superb!! I have my Vietnamese favorites but in this place, I would ask Que to suggest what I should try. ALL her suggestions were perfect to my liking! I have yet to try from their Thai menu... Too many choices, I want to try them all! :) Will keep coming back as long as I work in the area. Try it, you'll love it!!

1 Thank Nissins
Palm Coast, Florida
“Real Deal Vietnamese”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Saigon Bistro is located on Yonge Street in an older strip mall. Parking is plentiful. When entering this family owned restaurant you are greeted by a charming lady, the owner, and led to your table. Surprisingly, the dining room is bigger than expected with comfortable room between tables.

The Saigon Platter assorted appetizers were ordered and consisted of 3 different "season" rolls, crab Rangoon and a shrimp and sweet potato appetizer and all were freshly made and delicious. The only complaint that the writer had was the use of cilantro in many of the dishes, but that is only his personal taste. Next time one could ask for little or no cilantro if so desired.

Entrees ordered were various Vietnamese exotic tastes with concentrations of beef, chicken and shrimp. One has to order what sounds good to the desire as descriptions really could not do the food any justice. Again, cilantro is a common ingredient. The food was fresh, hot and authentically flavored. Portions were just right. Desserts were ordered and were delicious but again, unable to describe. Beer and wine are available and one should try the Thai beer and be sure to read and smile at the label.

Service was excellent as the owner tried to test the writer's penchant for hot and spicy flavors and laughs were plentiful. The bill was so inexpensive that we had to make sure that all of the food and drink was included; the diners felt somewhat guilty that the price was so low. Incredible value for the quality of the food.

This was the writer's first visit to Saigon Bistro, but it will not be his last. This family owned restaurant makes you feel comfortable as one would be in the owner's home.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Francis B
Daytona Beach, Fl
“Love this place”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Since my first visit to this restaurant, I have been to numerous other "Vietnamese"restaurants. This is my favorite! Have almost tried everything on the menu..........Love it all, best duck I have every had.

• Visited March 2012