“Excellent food, excellent service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Saigon

Saigon
Ranked #119 of 208 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Tampa, Florida
“Excellent food, excellent service!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

You will be greeted by the owner, Que (pronounced "kway"), with a warm and welcoming smile! The first dinner I had in this place, I felt like Que was a long lost aunt - her service was superb!! I have my Vietnamese favorites but in this place, I would ask Que to suggest what I should try. ALL her suggestions were perfect to my liking! I have yet to try from their Thai menu... Too many choices, I want to try them all! :) Will keep coming back as long as I work in the area. Try it, you'll love it!!

1 Thank Nissins

Palm Coast, Florida
“Real Deal Vietnamese”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Saigon Bistro is located on Yonge Street in an older strip mall. Parking is plentiful. When entering this family owned restaurant you are greeted by a charming lady, the owner, and led to your table. Surprisingly, the dining room is bigger than expected with comfortable room between tables.

The Saigon Platter assorted appetizers were ordered and consisted of 3 different "season" rolls, crab Rangoon and a shrimp and sweet potato appetizer and all were freshly made and delicious. The only complaint that the writer had was the use of cilantro in many of the dishes, but that is only his personal taste. Next time one could ask for little or no cilantro if so desired.

Entrees ordered were various Vietnamese exotic tastes with concentrations of beef, chicken and shrimp. One has to order what sounds good to the desire as descriptions really could not do the food any justice. Again, cilantro is a common ingredient. The food was fresh, hot and authentically flavored. Portions were just right. Desserts were ordered and were delicious but again, unable to describe. Beer and wine are available and one should try the Thai beer and be sure to read and smile at the label.

Service was excellent as the owner tried to test the writer's penchant for hot and spicy flavors and laughs were plentiful. The bill was so inexpensive that we had to make sure that all of the food and drink was included; the diners felt somewhat guilty that the price was so low. Incredible value for the quality of the food.

This was the writer's first visit to Saigon Bistro, but it will not be his last. This family owned restaurant makes you feel comfortable as one would be in the owner's home.

1 Thank Francis B
Daytona Beach, Fl
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Since my first visit to this restaurant, I have been to numerous other "Vietnamese"restaurants. This is my favorite! Have almost tried everything on the menu..........Love it all, best duck I have every had.

flagler beach
“Best Vietnamese Food in the Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

Since transplanting here from Richmond Virginia, I have tried several other Vietnamese restaurants and have finally found THE BEST. Food is freshly made, delicious. Peanut sauce is great as is their traditional sauce. All homemade and I highly recommend this restaurant. Affordable~and delicious!!!

Daytona Beach, Fl
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

The restaurant was nice and so was the hostess and the young man who waited on us. We were there for lunch and decided to order four appetizers with rice to share. We chose Benh Tom., sweet potato with shrimp,fried dumplings,crab rangoon and spring rolls The appetizers were fried so long that they were barely edible. The dumplings were bland. Hate to give a bad review, but this was not a pleasant meal for us.

• Visited March 2012

Been to Saigon? Share your experiences!