“Interesting Blend, Decent Food”
Review of D.B. Pickles

D.B. Pickles
Ranked #3 of 11 Dessert in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We found D.B. Pickles after attending the Daytona 500. We were seated quickly. They have a very large menu with German, American, and Italian dishes. There were probably more that I have forgotten. They have a bakery section, which we did not visit, and an "ever-changing pickle bar." It was a different dining blend for me. The price was affordable and the portions were generous. However, I wouldn't revisit D.B. Pickles for two reasons: 1.) Our server was in such a rush, he failed to point out dinner specials, he made us ask about how to purchase access to the pickle bar (he said that it was open to all customers), and he didn't say when we could help ourselves to it. It was only after hearing another waitress explain all of the above that we figured things out. The second reason I wouldn't revisit is that the place needed to be cleaned. I'm not a picky person, I promise, but when the place is half-full and there is food and used napkins under booths (not just one) that have been reset for new guests, it kind of makes one wonder. Plus, the frosted glass that lines the booths had greasy fingerprints in many places and the booth material just looked in need of a good scrubbing. That being said, our food was good, but more like just okay.

1  Thank Alicia K

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I had deep fried dill pickles that were slices as opposed to spears, pretty good. Others in my party had sandwiches and they liked them. They have daily specials also and the day we were there they were having stuffed peppers. The pickles bar is excellent. There is no charge for it and you get to sample different types of pickles. They also have a bakery. Items look good but are also expensive. I called and asked about a birthday cake for our party but all they had was a large one that cost $20. Service was good. Rate as average.

1  Thank chippsch
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Pickles is a great place to go for lunch, dinner, or dessert. Portions are generous so we take dessert home. The desserts are large enough to share.

1  Thank atd2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The menu is broad,the quality of food is like being back in the Big Apple. The service is terrific.Value and a pickle bar beyond belief.The deserts are " to die for ".

2  Thank Revele
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My wife and I went out with my family for a nice lunch when my family came to visit a few weeks ago. My wife and I had been there a few times before and enjoyed the meal (especially the prices for the quantity of food).

The food came quickly and the portion sizes will surprise you right away. Spring for the full size sandwich (only about $2 more than the half) and take the other half home. Ate on everything for a few more meals afterward.

The pickle bar has several good salads on it (the broccoli salad is the best in my opinion) in addition to the pickles they offer. It was a good way to start out the meal.

The server was attentive (a bit of pattern for me given how much tea or water I drink) and our food came out in a decent amount of time.

Well worth the visit.