“The best!”
Review of Gold Leaf Coffee

Gold Leaf Coffee
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

We love Gold Leaf! Steel Oak coffee is so good. All the snacks/ ice cream are delish. Friendly atmosphere. Easy parking. It's our favorite!

Megan C, Owner at Gold Leaf Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Thank you for review!!

Reviewed February 28, 2018

Ok, I'll admit that my husband and I are coffee snobs. We like fresh roasted beans and individually pulled shots for our cappuccinos. While the service is occasionally slow (there is usually only one person preparing drinks) , the wait is worth it. I am grateful to find coffee of this quality in the Daytona Beach area. I love the flat white as well as the cappuccino. The setting of a coffee shop combined with a frame shop is both unique and intriguing. There is always something to catch your eye. Rock on Gold Leaf you are doing a great job! If you need great coffee, don't go anywhere else.

Megan C, Owner at Gold Leaf Coffee, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you enjoy our shop!

Reviewed February 23, 2018

We absolutely loved the idea of this place....so much made from scratch and the use of local businesses that make their own cheese and have free range chickens for the eggs, but we waited 23 minutes for a bagel and that is just too long. It wasn't even horribly busy at the time. Also, prices steep for small servings, but they are using top notch products so I'm sure that's why.

Hi Cathy, we did have some random busy days that service ran a little slower then normal. It can take 15 minutes or longer to make egg products depending on what you get, we normally tell customers that so I am very sorry that you were not prepared. Many of our regulars call ahead. It is strange, a coffee shop with a restaurant like wait on food. I just can’t wrap my mind around microwaving eggs, in fact I won’t even put one in the kitchen. It’s fresh or nothing for us I am afraid.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

My wife and I stopped in after running some errands. Outdoor garden and patio between the parking and the building was very cool at 10am. Interior neo art-deco well done. We sat at the bar ordering scones, sumatra (individual french press) and latte. It was busy but the two ladies preparing and taking orders were graceous. By looking at the reflective wall behind the coffee bar I watched cars going by on Granada behind me (through the street side glass. My wife walked about looking at the art in the framing shop and small gallery within the same building. There was very nice energy in the overall space -- activity in front, quiet and cool elsewhere. Some people were holding a meeting/get together on the couch. Commitment to serving good coffee, pastry and light fare was apparant. A very enjoyable initial visit!

Management response:Responded October 4, 2017

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed July 3, 2017

Nice place, although the ambience has a bit of an empty feel to it.
The coffee is absolutely delicious, love it!
The scone I got was also very good.
Unfortunately I have to give three stars though for the tasteless, undercooked quiche I got to go. The whites were literally dripping from my spoon.
I've made many quiches in my day, so I know a great quiche, unfortunately I had to throw this one out.

Management response:Responded October 4, 2017

Thank you for your review! That is terrible about your quiche. We would have been happy to refund you as it sounds like your quiche was not at all the quality that we strive for. We had a few hiccups when we first started serving quiche and I can garuntee you that we certainly do not have that problem anymore. If you are ever unhappy please don’t hesitate to let our staff know. We will always be happy to remedy the situation.

Been to Gold Leaf Coffee? Share your experiences!