“Nice location with ocean view”

Tropic Sun Towers Condominium
Cary, North Carolina
“Nice location with ocean view”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for a week while visiting the beach, Ormond Beach is one of my favorites...family friendly, not very crowded, clean. The condo was nice, we had a separated bedroom for us and used the pullout sofa for my son. The balcony was beachfront which was great as we like to sit on the balcony in the morning and drink coffee. The unit had central air which was nice for keeping the humidity down. The kitchen was well-stocked and what wasn't there could be checked out from the front desk (I needed a mixer for a pie!) There is a full size fridge, a full size oven/stove, and a dishwasher. The only thing that was a little strange was that they only cleaned the room once during our week stay. We could get fresh towels by taking ours to the desk and swapping them out but no one actually came to clean except once. I guess that is the norm at a time share (which this is for most people) but I didn't expect it since we had booked it as a hotel on Expedia.

The pool was small but our son enjoyed it fine and it wasn't very crowded. There were grills outside and you can get grill tools at the desk.

There is a computer in the lobby but the parental controls were activated so it wouldn't allow any popups...meaning I couldn't open my LEGOLAND tickets to print which was very annoying since I needed them the next day. The lady up front didn't seem to know anything about it and didn't offer much help. I also overheard a couple in the lobby asking for restaurant recs in the area and the front staff didn't have much to offer for that issue either.

Overall, I paid about $900 for 7 nights in an ocean front unit on one of our favorite beaches in peak season, so no complaints:-)

Room Tip: If you ask for the 2nd floor, the laundry facilities are right outside your room which was nice for...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here on April 24th through 28th. The apartment was clean and the perfect size for 2 people. It was a 1bdrm and 1 bath. Oceanfront and right above the pool. The kitchen was fully equipped, there was also grills on the premises. Quiet and the beach was not overcrowded. You have a balcony. Close to everything! The price was reasonable, wonderful for everything you get.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked here for a week in apartment 410. This was the least expensive place we have stayed in during our 3 month visit to Florida, and also one of the nicest. Not luxurious but very clean and comfortable, with everything you need. The view of the ocean from the balcony is wonderful. Kitchen is perfect with a large cooker, microwave and fridge-freezer. All pots, pans & cutlery are here, but no kettle. You have to request one or take your own as I always do. There is a Dollar General store opposite, and a nice shopping square with a Publix supermarket, Bells outlet & Ruby Tuesdays restaurant about 5 minutes drive (turn left). Plenty of underground parking & pleasant reception staff. All in all, great value for money.

Room Tip: 410 was great with plenty of sun and full view of the ocean
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We just returned from a visit to this property. It was everything we needed. We had an oceanfront unit (611). This whole property is very very clean and the people who work there are really nice, The only downside was some noisy neighbors at night. We have stayed at Daytona Beach, Daytona Beach Shores and several places at each resort, but this was the best by far!!
We will plan to stay again...........Thank you for a nice vacation............

Room Tip: Rooms are small but they have everything you need.
1 Thank Sue H
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Room was very nice,.much better than expected for price!!!
Great view, pool and work out room are small but very clean! Very nice vaca and would go again in a heartbeat!!!
Very family orientated,..for younger kids. If you have teens, they might get bored and have to go to Daytona which is a 4 mile dr from the condo...not bad.

Only part I was a little disappointed was the women at FRONT DESK were not the friendliest. Too bad the night guardsman was friendlier than the daytime front desk. Be a little friendlier girls!!!

Other wise I would give this condo an A-!!! Very happy:)))

Room Tip: Condos have 7 floors,..so odiously want higher room,...with ocean view is the best. We had fourth an...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim V
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I was allowed to check in a night earlier than my original reservation with no hassles or extra charges other than the normal rate. I was also allowed to stay for 4 nights instead of the whole week during Bike week. They did not jack the rates up like pretty much everyone else does during that time either. All around clean comfortable room. I have saved their number on the phone and will be calling next year for my return trip. They are located in Ormand Beach which is a little quieter than Daytona and only a short 5 minute ride North of Main St. Great Ocean View right outside the back window. Of course there is a balcony but it is not huge. Good enough size to sit and relax though. Underground parking is a bonus IMO. No restaurant on site. I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less road noise you will get.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Halifax NS
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This was my 6th stay at Tropic Sun Towers in 8 years and I can't wait to go back again next year! The staff are amazing and the units beautiful. The pool area is well maintained and an excellent place to spend a day basking in the sun. Other accomodations may be closer to the race track but you can't beat being directly on the beach. See you in February!

• Liked — Pool
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LizS82
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Chateau Mar Beach Resort
Chateau Mar Beach Resort
#11 of 28 in Ormond Beach

Been to Tropic Sun Towers Condominium? Share your experiences!