“One of the best”
Review of Saldo's Pizzeria

Saldo's Pizzeria
Ranked #134 of 236 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

We had a crisp salad with lots of veggies and Great PIZZA! Reminds me of the very first pizza I ate in Niagara Falls. So cheesy! Perfectly done crust. These are also the nicest folks. The decor is really cool too--wall prints are open windows with views. Treat yourself--you'll love it.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed November 28, 2016

I had been living in South Florida for 13 years, then moved back to NY, now I spend part of the year in St Augustine, FL. I had given up finding authentic New York Pizza in this state. Then by chance, on Sunday, Nov 27, 2016, I happened to be passing through Ormond Beach with my boyfriend and we decided to stop in. The restaurant is very welcoming and nicely decorated. Very clean. Plenty of booth and table seating available. The owner, Steve, was very friendly.

I ordered a regular slice and he ordered a mushroom slice. My first bite into it, I was in heaven. First words out of my mouth were "Oh MY GOD!, Finally a New York Pizza!!". And Steve's pizza is even better than some of the places I regularly go to in NY. The crust is perfectly crispy. It came out really hot and fresh. The cheese is delicious and just the right amount. And the pizza sauce was good too. My boyfriend is even more picky with his pizza and he LOVED it. We have to go back there again. And I want to take my mother and brother there too because they haven't had New York Pizza in decades. I wish Saldo's was close to me because I'd be going there all the time.

Saldo's Pizzeria is definitely worth the trip for great quality AUTHENTIC NEW YORK pizza at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

Amazing pizza and appetizers! Extremely accommodating staff. The service was friendly and outstanding! Authentic New York pizza for sure! Super close to Ormond beaches and worth the drive from surrounding areas. Perfect place to eat after a day on the beach! Great prices and super clean updated establishment! We will be back soon!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016

My Italian buddy Joe (think of a real Soprano) turned me and my wife on to this spot. Look them up in the DBNJ archives who did a nice personal interest story on the family as well. Not a fancy place; basic decor. What make this pizzeria worth a try is that they will listen to your personal preferences and cook your food just they way you want it! I wanted my wings crispy on the outside; juicy on the inside and served wet.. They came out perfect! I wanted my pizza crust to have a crisp texture when I bit into it )but not burnt) and I wanted light sauce so it was not soggy...Bam!!! The perfect pizza for my wife and I was created! They can do personal pizzas and small/medium/large traditional sizes. Great, fresh salad too! They also allow you to bring in your own libation which gets a huge thumbs up from me!! Oh and they had the NASCAR race on! We will be back!

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank JPGTR

Been to Saldo's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!