“Skip the Narnia 'ride'!”

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Ranked #14 of 444 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney's Hollywood Studios offers a behind-the-scenes look at Hollywood-style action with live shows, thrilling attractions, backstage tours and star-studded special events.Feel like the star in your own movie as you romp through the streets and sections of the park that blend together like a large, bustling movie set. Immerse yourself in the glitz and glamour of the Hollywood heydays from the 1930s and 1940s, captured by the neon, chrome, art deco and modern architecture.Step into the action with exhilarating attractions and experiences inspired by television and silver screen favorites. Go center stage and into the spotlight with the American Idol Experience, stunt shows and more. Collect autographs and pose for photos at special events or at Character greeting locations. Embark on fantastic thrill rides you only see in the movies.Whether you seek rockin' adventures, playful stage performances, intergalactic fantasy or fascinating film history, you'll find it all—and more—at Disney's Hollywood Studios, where movie magic comes to life!
Reviewed June 5, 2007

MGM was an all-around pretty cool place. I have to echo the disappointment of the reviewer who said "Beware of Narnia". In our case we were dead tired already and waited in line for this "ride" for about 25 min's. The ride was a total rip-off. It was supposed to be a "sneak peek" inside the world of Narnia, but all it was was a blatant commercial mainly for the first movie which came out, what, a year ago? You stand in one room for about 15 min's. in front of a screen and watch scenes from the first Narnia movie. They give about 20 seconds worth of mention of an upcoming sequel, then it's over. On your way out you are crammed through the "gallery" which is about 15 feet long and contains a couple of small glass cases with costumes and props which you can't stop and enjoy because of the crowd. It was a total waste of time and effort, and they didn't even offer a place to sit down so we could rest our tired feet.

8  Thank StrangerThanFiction
Write a ReviewReviews (24,881)
All reviews
in 160 reviews
"darth vader"
in 193 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2007

In this theme park you have the ability to see how stunts are done.
You have Indiana Jones, Star Wars, The Muppets Show, Pearl Arbor, etc…
The gardens are, at all times, very beautiful and well arranged.
The lakes are with crystal water, which gives you the will to go for it.
There you have the first Disney Airplane, The history of Walt Disney, The one and only Giant Disney Hat.
One of the “main” attractions is the “Aerosmith Roller Coaster”…that is very good :) :)
The other one is “The Hollywood Tower Hotel”...if you like to go up and down at high speed, like or brain is going up but yore had is going down…this is the place to go!
MGM your fun is guarantied.

7  Thank NunoCunha
Reviewed May 16, 2007

We visited MGM on Saturday, May 12. We stayed on the Disney property and I cannot stress enough how convenient their transportation to & from the parks is. We arrived a little early, as Disney property guests get "Extra Magic Hours" in particular parks every day, and MGM just happened to open for us at 8 a.m. vs. the normal 9 a.m. We breezed right by the non-Disney property guests, which was a bonus, because by 10 a.m. the park was FILLING UP. So, if you can force yourself to get up early, it's for the best.

We grabbed some breakfast at a small diner inside MGM with the word "Roll" in it's name - forget the actual title. At any rate, the store was disorganized & crowded but the coffee and bagel hit the spot. We moved onto getting a FastPass for the Tower of Terror. When our time came for that, we found that there are times when the FastPass does not work right - we were basically neck & neck with the 'stand-by' line the entire wait. The ride itself is truly the Tower of Terror. I had to take my glasses off so I couldn't see much but I have been on the ride before. For those that haven't been on it, the wait in line brings you thru the hotel (old & creepy) and then into the boiler room. The ride brings you thru some of the Twilight Zone scenes and then will REPEATEDLY DROP YOU AND THEN RAISE YOU AND DROP YOU AGAIN prior to the big fall. So go on this on a day when you are not feeling queasy! I would say it dropped about four times total. The picture of my face that they snapped was just outrageous - I was truly terrified.

STAY AWAY from the "Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe" "ride". All you do is stand in a room filled with fake trees and watch a debriefing of the dang movie. They don't even give you any seats to sit in! AWFUL!

We skipped most other rides - I had read on my dearly beloved Trip Advisor site that the Great Movie Ride was in dire need of a renovation so we passed on that. The stunt show is not really my cup of tea so we didn't do that either. Basically MGM is a great shopping place & a place to catch some 'old Hollywood' charm. The Brown Derby is probably a great place to catch a meal but make sure you make a reservation.

The park was getting crowded around 11 a.m. so we blazed that popsicle stand and hit EPCOT.

8  Thank Hosalito
Reviewed April 19, 2007

Many people leave this to last but it really shouldn't be an afterthought. We found this park more relaxed than the others, but the same rule applies.....get there 30 mins before opening, go straight and fastpass Tower of Terror, ride the coaster and then ride TOT. You now have the rest of the day to view the rest of the park. Some tips:

1. If you're kids are under 10 then think hard about riding the coaster or the Tower of Terror. My 9 year old felt ill all day after riding TOT. I loved it though
2. Fastpass Indiana and still get there 30 mins before the start
3. Get to Lights, Motors, Action 40 mins before start. It's worth seeing
4. Remember to pack a jumper if going to see Fantasmic as the evening's get cooler. A great show

My top 10 tips for the family holiday to Orlando:

1. Get 6 25c pieces at the airport if you're hiring a car as you go through two unmanned toll booths between the airport and Orlando. I didn't know this and had to accelerate through the toll which freaked my kids out more than the Tower of Terror
2. It's easy to do the parks (even at the busiest time of year) without queuing for a ride for 2 hours, and that's by getting to the park 30 mins before opening. The parks are quietish until 10.30
3. Whatever you do go to Cirque...I thought that I would hate it but it made our holiday
4. Don't ever pay full price at any restaurant/shopping mall. Google discount vouchers before going. Start at www.orlandoinfo.com
5. Do your homework, and plan what rides you want to go on. A good start is touringplans.com
6. A park a day is exhausting. Remember that when booking your holiday. If you want to have a quieter time then plan to go every other day
7. Discovery Cove is a haven away from the parks and you get to hug dolphins. Be warned it is pricey
8. Unlike my last trip there seems to be more sherrifs trying to catch you speeding inside WDW.
9. Don't get to the park with the kids at 8 in the morning and expect to still be there for the fireworks at 10. If you do you'll all be tired and grumpy and not appreciate the experience.
10. Use Fastpass wisely. You will not be able to ride until your start time but there are no problems with riding after your end time

I will get round to reviewing all the parks on the appropriate sites when I'm free

Enjoy