Tripadvisor
Orlando

Ways to Experience Disney’s Hollywood Studios
28,229 results
All reviews tower of terror star wars toy story mania indiana jones the great movie ride beauty and the beast rock n roller coaster jedi training backlot tour stunt show storm troopers slinky dog star tours ride aerosmith ride prime time back lot tour american idol
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

12:50 pm on a Tuesday, long lines to get food because only one grill working. How does Disney let this happen??? Would have ordered our food online except Disney doesn’t allow Annual Pass Holders to utilize the benefit of their discount on mobile orders. Unacceptable.

3  Thank USFlyGirl
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Thanks for leaving your review. I'm sorry for your disappointing dining experience at ABC Commissary and I'll be sure to share this feedback accordingly. Mobile Ordering is a newer option for us across our Theme Parks, and we are constantly making adjustments based on feedback from our Guests, so I appreciate the time you took to share your frustrations. I hope you'll have the opportunity to return to ABC Commissary for a more magical experience.

Katie

Reviewed January 21, 2020

Got to the park at 0650 inside at 0655. Waited until 0700 and opened the app and got boarding pass #27. Spent time having coffee, seeing other sites. Went over to Galaxy Edge and WOW what a job Disney did there. So much detail and spent a lot of time there. Did the "Falcon" ride which was fantastic. Then got notified of our group ready to "board". We did and won't spoil it for you but GOT TO DO IT!!! All in all Hollywood Studies is great.

Date of experience: January 2020

Bright Suns! I’m excited to read that you enjoyed your journey to Batuu and was able to enjoy all the out of this world experiences that can be found here. It’s also great to hear that you enjoyed all the other experiences that can be found back on earth at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. From For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, there is something for everyone!

Thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Betty

Reviewed January 21, 2020

The boarding group that Disney is trying with this ride is a nightmare and leaves many people that want to ride unable to do so. I can see many parents with small children, people with mobility issues, people with disabilities, and many others not able to ride it due to how early you would have to show up in order to get a boarding pass. My teen has sensory problems and even though now that he is older he's able to manage it a little better, the ordeal was still very hard on his body. We sacrificed and attempted the early morning fiasco. We got to the park before the 7am opening time and like everyone else waited for the official opening with our apps opened to join a boarding group. It was very crowded and loud. Right at 7am, the apps on both our phones crashed/got logged out "coincidentally", but we were able to open it again to get a 114 boarding group. This was already very frustrating. Thankfully I had already booked some fastpasses and were able to get a couple rides in, then left to another park and rode what we could. By noon, the early rise, the extreme crowds on every corner, and the waits had taken a toll on him (and me to be honest). We didn't have a hotel to go back to and nap because we had to check out so early. We waited until 3:30pm to finally get our boarding group called. This might not be too much for an average person, but for a person with sensory issues that has woken up so early and was anticipating a ride, it was a nightmare. By the time we rode, the excitement about the ride had faded, and after experiencing the ride, we felt like it was not worth the wait. Needless to mention we won't be attempting this again. I personally believe the ride does not live up to the hype.

5  Thank tripeo
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

Had a fabulous day at Hollywood studios. Managed to get on an early Rise of The Resistance and Slinky dog without much wait.

Some great rides there...Tower of Terror and Smugglers run were fab as well as Aerosmith roller coaster. Toy story mania and the old Star Wars rides also very good.

Out of the 4 parks this is my favourite disney park.

I've marked it down because the lines getting in desperately need to be staffed better. It was a public holiday so very busy....you go through the main entrance then have to queue at toy story land. No problem there, other than people were blatantly walking down the length of the queue, pretending to go to guest relations then cutting in the queue at the front. This should be roped off so nobody can do this.

EXACTLY the same happened once Toy Story area was opened and everyone headed to the Slinky Dog queue...the queue was moving relatively quickly and people were taking opportunity to walk along the queue and when there was a small gap they were cutting in. So people like us who arrived at the park at 6.00 am were cut in front of by people arriving at 7.15...totally disgusting and totally unacceptable, not to mention avoidable. Just staff the lines OR have a rope separating the queue to stop people jumping in.

Other than that it's a great park.

1  Thank spenspuma
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

We waited on line for the Aerosmith roller coaster ride for ever. The wait time said 120 min. We decided to wait on line, after waiting a 90 minutes they maid a announcement that the wait will be longer then expected. By the time we got on the ride it was over 3 hrs for a 1 min. Ride. The rest of the park is a waste. You can only go on about 3 rides a day if your lucky. We paid $200 per person for a hopper pass. All of Disney is overhyped and overpriced.
Your better off going to a regular amusement park.

7  Thank dougpro
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

I appreciate you sharing such candid thoughts, Doug. I have to say, I am a bit disheartened to know your experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios was less than magical, and I'm so sorry to see you left with such a negative impression.

If you decide to come back in the future, I definitely recommend taking a look at and utilizing the My Disney Experience app if you didn't take advantage of it this time around! It's an amazing pre-planning tool that allows you to select your FastPass+ reservations, make dining plans, and more.

Pete