“Good food and service”

Yak and Yeti
Ranked #90 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Asian, Tibetan, Malaysian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southborough, Massachusetts
“Good food and service”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

The food was very good. I had the curry seafood stew and it was excellent. Kirin beer was $7.99 for a 22 oz glass. Everyone in the family had a good experience.

• Visited July 2013

Morrisville, North Carolina
“Great Food - Servers could use more training”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I love Yak and Yeti - visit there every time I go to Disney. On this last trip we ate here twice.
The food is always delicious. We try various dishes and have never been anything short of thrilled. There is always one constant - lettuce wraps. No matter what we get for an entree or who I am with - the lettuce wraps here are an absolute must.
The decor is very interesting and really sets the mood of fun and exotic. I almost feel like I have stepped into an old movie situated in some far-off fascinating land.
The one area of this restaurant where I am under-impressed is the wait staff. They are friendly enough but could really use some training in etiquette.
For example, on one of my recent visits the waitress decided to show off on how many dishes she could carry at once (literally - she counted them for us and laughed about it) - so she proceeds right there at the table to scrap food off of all the various plates, sauces out of the bowls into one big pile on a single plate so she could stack up everything (there were 5 of us) and carry it all at once.
I saw what was about to happen - I even tried holding my plate back from her - but she took it anyway. (She seemed to think I was holding back because I thought she couldn't manage the stack so she wanted to show me that she could) I just turned my head.
Prior to this I had been thinking about ordering one of those yummy mango tarts for dessert - needless to say my appetite was ruined.
I realize that not every restaurant is going to give the same level of service- but scraping the dishes at the table is going too far for any restaurant.

I went back a few days later - just my husband and I this time. We didn't have the plate stacking issue but we did end up with a waitress who though friendly enough was not very well versed on the menu or on restaurant policies related to the Landry's Select card. This waitress also did not pay attention to things like refilling water glasses.

As long as the food is this good I will continue to go back - but the whole experience would be so much better if they would just see to it that the wait staff is well trained.

• Visited May 2013
Carthage, Missouri
“Great food, very expensive”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is really good food and great service. You might need a reservation if you do not get there early. The food was very tasty and a good kids menu. Other than appetizers, most of the meals are around $20 or more. Nice atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our first visit was truly surprising. We have for the last 8 years looked at the menu and then moved on, but this year we crossed the threshold and had a wonderful experience. There were two of us in the party and we were recommended the green beans which we shared as a starter (we had eaten breakfast in pizzafari and were still fairly full). We then had the tempura shrimp as well as the tempura chicken which were better than any we had previously had. Definitely a must do restaurant when in animal kingdom park.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Dawn O
Kissimmee, Florida
“Finally Good Asian Food!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Coming from New York, where we have lots of choices in all types of ethnic cuisine, we have been having a difficult time finding good Asian food in the state of Florida! We've tried many of the local Chinese restaurants and they just didn't add up. In any event, we tried Yak and Yeti quick serve at Animal Kingdom. We were pleasantly surprised. The first bite I took of my beef and broccoli, I started telling everyone oh my gosh! This is so good! I couldn't wait for my daughter to get off the ride so she could try it since she's been so disappointed in the Asian food, like I said. We will definitely be repeat customers! Prices are average. We will try the sit down restaurant one day as well. Definitely worth the money. Go for it!

• Visited June 2013