“Sonny's Tough Meat” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
So Cal
“Sonny's Tough Meat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I tried Sonny's BBQ restaurant on our trip over July 4th to Orlando. The atmosphere was nice but the beef brisket was undercooked in my opinion. I don't think I would go back there unless I had to find a place close to where I was staying and there was not anything else available. The food at Sea World's BBQ restaurant was better and priced about the same.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank WorldTravelerSoCal
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
WorldTravelerSoCal, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that your brisket seemed undercooked and not up to expectations. Please let us help! Send us an email with this information, including the location, so that we can further look into what happened and address this with our culinary team. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us a chance to make things right!

Orlando, Florida
“Up in smoke”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I hadn't been to Sonny's in years. Perhaps the last time we ate here was in 2004 when we were moving to our new home and stopped in here. Ten years ago I would have rated it excellent. A lot happens in ten years. Your hair gets gray, you start slowing down, you realize everything is speeding by and you are now just in it for the ride. The same can be said of Sonny's. It had a great ride. Alas, the flavors aren't as vibrant as I remember and the beans....oh the beans...they were outstanding. Were, is the operative word. I remember them as piquant, full of flavor with large chunks of ham. These current ones taste like the stuff you buy in cans and doctor up with bbq. sauce. The ribs I had were dry and pretty blah. It is too bad. I was really hoping to recapture the flavors I remembered from long ago. It really is true, you can't go home again.

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Very good corporate BBQ. Loo for specials in the mailers and with their on-line club. Service has been very good the last couple times I've gone there.

Visited March 2014
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Victorucf, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ and service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I eat here regularly. Place is clean and food is fantastic big fan of chicken and ribs. The fries are incredible and addictive.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Jamesdep45, thanks for the review! We appreciate all of our fans but especially our loyals. Thanks for coming in regularly and enjoying our great BBQ. We hope to see you again soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too greasy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Could not finish because it was very greasy. The waitress was friendly and was on top her table. The food just wasn't for me

1 Thank Markgoldinstein
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny’s BBQ, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Markgoldinstein, thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We're sorry that your food order was not up to expectations. Allow us to help! Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com with further details about your visit, including the location, so that we can address the issue you encountered. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you can give us another chance!