Vacation Lodge
$191
$148
$127
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$338
$289
$286
$187
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$191
$145
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
$149
$388
$303
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 13, 2012

i dont understand why people have to echo what athers say about something while they have all the means in their hands to assess the truth on the ground .i visited vacation lodge.it is high time for me to say shame on those who intentionally defame this hotel. I was biased ,too,when i first saw the internet reviews about vacation lodge .but finally decided to go and see it for myself. I am glad i did .passing wrong information does not only hurt the business but also the people who could otherwise benefit from the truth.I believe the internet review has misguided many travelers causing them to end up losing good opporunities to save money.The new business owners have renovated the rooms.Besides daily,4-day specials and weekly rent rates,can you believe that vacation lodge offers special monthly rates for seniors for only $536.00 along with 24 hour security.Fair price with secure and clean rooms ! I was shocked to see all these compared to what i had read on the web.Vacation lodge is real good

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kais R
Reviewed October 5, 2011

i came to Orlando with my family recently to attend a family reunion. Honestly i was on the budget and i was taking my time looking for the best deal . I came across this hotel near downtown with a convenient location for 99 $ for the 4-nights . I was reading the ratings for the hotel and i was really scared but i took my chances. I went there ,i asked the front desk about how safe is the place and i even talked to the owner ,it turned out that the hotel is under new management and they are doing their best to clean up the mess and the awful reputation caused by the previous owner. My stay was pleasant with no problem ,the rooms were clean and apparently new painted with new carpet

Room Tip: ask for the new building
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank emil c
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I spent a whole month at this dump. It was roach and mouse infested. Do not believe the photos that they portray. I have witnessed male prostitutees and a whole lot of drug activity. I was petrified of this place but because i had already paid for the month, I had to put up with it. I had notified the health dept and they came out to investigate and they found (2) dead mice under my bed. the next day i was ordered to leave and was told to never come back again. When i went to the office to complain, the desk clerk handed me (2) mouse traps and handed them to me like he was handing me a cup of coffee. The staff members was cutting side deals for some of the drug dealing occupants,. I really and seriously recommend that this is not the place to stay. Honestly, I think it should be closed down permanently and/or involve the drug task force, but who can you trust these days. If you are visiting Florida and you need a hotel to stay at...if you happen to come upon the "Vacation Lodge", continue to drive and please 'DODGE". keep looking on the same strip, because their are so many other decent hotels further down the road. It is not fit for human occupancy. i never received my mail, that was very important to me. We were happy to leave, and would never look back.. enjoy your vacation to all the tourist who read the reviews and do not know any better, I am saving you, nothing is worst to be on vacation and your experience is interrupted with danger.
happy trails

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
14  Thank passion1963
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I just Googled Vacation Lodge to get the address to use on a petition I am filing with the court here in Orange County, FL. Results came up including reviews from unhappy tourists on Trip Advisor. Since quite a few travellers seem inexperienced in hotel analysis when planning a trip, and choose a hotel based soley on price, Let me spell this out for you. Orange Blossom Trail (OBT) is the skid row of Orlando. When coming to Orlando as a tourist, you should not EVER consider staying at a hotel on OBT. The Vacation Lodge is a frequently ocurring address for crack, and prescription drug addicts and prostitutes. OBT is a high crime and prostitution area. Most of the hotels on OBT are the same story.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
50  Thank LilAlvy
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I went down to OBT to train at a nearby airport. This place was mistakenly reccommended to me through a chain of people. When i got there the rooms could not have been more dirty. no remote for the broken TV, heavy rust on bathroom toilet and sink, and stains covering the wall that seemed to have come from a person..... I was approached by 6 prostitutes in the first 2 hours who live there! (and for you out there that think thats good...they charge 10 bucks they said...a dollar for every STD) The drug deals could not have been more obvious and the people could not conduct themselves any bit humane if their life counted on it. The only time i smiled on that stay was when i checked out still having my life. DO NOT WALK AROUND AT NIGHT unless you desire to be mugged. three cops surrounded me with their cars when i was walking just down the street and told me im guaranteed to get robbed and to get out of this godforsaken street...thats comforting. You will find a prostitute on every corner and see about 2 cop car chases a night assisted by police helicopters. the only buildings around this hotel are stripclubs, gas stations, liquor stores, and more strip clubs. This comes highly NOT recommended by me, but if u must go....never never let your guard down to no one.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business