“Sushitomi Rocks”

Sushitomi
Ranked #846 of 4,083 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have been going to Sushitomi for 5+ years with family, friends, coworkers and customers. The food is awesome..especially the Sushi. The service is great and staff is very courteous. I have tried many Sushi restaurants in Orlando. Nobody beats Sushitomi on quality or price. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

We absolutely LOVE this place!!! We have been coming here for several years whenever we are in Orlando. We have eaten sushi in many places around the country and beyond, and it is one of two that, hands down, beats all the rest!!! This is the place that the local Japanese come to eat. My sweetheart is half Japanese, and he will tell you, that the majority of the time, we are the only "round eyes" in the place! LOL!!! Our favorite sushi rolls are (his favorite)...California Roll, and my favorites, the "S T Roll" and Samurai Roll. They also make wicked good Agadeshi Tofu! I also had the Grilled Salmon Jaw the other night when we were there. Only one warning....if you are there on the night that the group of the local Japanese men gather there to eat, you will not get served until after they do!!! But, trust me, it is well worth the wait!!! Don't miss this place if you like fresh, authentic and very reasonably priced sushi and Japanese food!!!

1  Thank carybenn53
Reviewed November 20, 2009

Me ,my wife and my son went to sushitomi on 11-19-09.We ordered the gyoza,soft shell crab and fried oysters which were all great!We then ordered the sushitomi roll,conch roll,eel nigiri and the honeymoon roll. I was outside with my son when the sushi had arrived,my wife had asked the waitress about the honeymoon roll,apparently it was supposed to come with smelt roe which are fish eggs.The waitress asked the sushi chef and he had told her the fish eggs were in the roll.When I got back at the table my wife had told me what happened and after looking at the roll myself there was not a fish egg in sight.I then had the waitress come back over explained to her there was no fish eggs on the roll and she took back the plate to the sushi chef.He then gave me and the waitress a dirty look and then took a spoon,put fish eggs on it and then flinged it all over the plate!Me and the waitress's jaw dropped at the same time.UNBELIEVEABLE! She must had told the lady working in the kitcen what happened because she came out right away to our table telling us how cute our son was,etc.But she never brought up the incident to us and I wasnt going to bring it up as well.I was just so upset and shocked I just wanted to get out of there.The food was very good,our waitress and the lady from the kitchen was very nice but the actions of the sushi chef ruined everything.Sayonara Sushi Tomi

6  Thank AnpanmanOrlando
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I love this place! They have really great food and amazing service! They always have quick service (which is important for me, since i usually eat there on my lunch break) and a very friendly staff. I also love the atmosphere although it can get a little crowded during the lunch rush b/c the place itself is pretty small. All in all I would recommend it to anyone. (Also they give discounts to regulars!)

One last thing-- get a salad- they have the best ginger dressing i have ever tasted!

Reviewed April 7, 2008

I've had sushi from New York to Miami to Virginia to North Carolina to California and this is by far the best sushi place I've ever eaten at. It is authentic, run by a very nice Japanese couple and is frequented by Japanese people. The fish is the freshest I've ever had and the rolls, although limited, are excellently prepared. I haven't had anything from the main menu except a few appetizers which have all been delicious. Service is wonderful and the staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. I highly recommend this place.