“Great Service and Food”

Todd English's Blue Zoo
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd English's Blue Zoo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Our office met here for a nice team outing. First, we had drinks at the bar, where the bartender was prompt and efficient. When we arrived to the table, our servers were there to greet us. All of their suggestions for the evening were spot on and they truly knew the menu. The seafood tower was our favorite. Would definitely recommend for a nice business dinner that can also be casual.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The seafood here was great, as was the service. Prices not bad considering they are int eh Dolphin resort.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were expecting an exceptional dining experience and for the price, one would hope that is what would be delivered. The decor was rather plain and didn't seem to be cohesive as a dining room. The waiter lacked personality, couldn't hear well, and gave boring descriptions of the food. The service itself was okay, timely, and attentive. The food was mixed. I liked my Low Country Shrimp appetizer and Short Ribs entree, but my wife and our guest didn't finish their fish, just not appetizing they said. We didn't have dessert. We are local to Orlando and this was a disappointment as it has been on our list to try for years and we took advantage of a friend's visit to try it. It is a very expensive restaurant by Orlando standards and did not deliver on either the reputation or the price.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We couldn't have picked a better place to spend our anniversary. From first greeting by the hostess to kind congratulations by multiple staff as we were leaving, it was a wonderful experience. The decor has been commented on by previous diners, but it is more unique and beautiful than pictures capture. Deep jewel tone blues interspersed with floating bubble lighting create a magical underwater ambiance. Our waitress, Rhonda, was very knowledgable and attentive without "hovering". She immediately made us feel welcome and continued anticipating correctly our every need. The menu is an interesting combination of eclectic food combinations that may sound strange to the intellect, but oh so yummy to the palate. The bread basket was delivered to our table containing three different bread choices. My favorite was the lighter than air cheese flatbread. For appetizers, I chose the Heirloom Tomato Salad. The presentation was colorful and balanced with two delicious petite tarts filled with some thing so tasty I couldn't even describe it, but seemed like a tomato puree. The popcorn ice-cream accompanying the greens had me a little worried, but it turned out to be a light sweet and salty cream creating a perfect dressing for the greens and the tart. My husband chose the beet salad which he also said was delicious beyond words. At least that's what it sounded like as he almost inhaled it! He also thoroughly enjoyed his entree of Dirty South Swordfish with continued vigor. I was so tempted to stay with the theme and order seafood, as it was obvious this is something Blue Zoo does very well, but instead chose the lamb entree. I love a good lamb dish, but find it a little more difficult to consistently get right. I am so glad I chose the Grass Fed Lamb. It was cooked expertly, with a slightly pink center and a seared crusty outer edge. The flavor was perfect. Baby artichokes and cherry jam added to the tasty experience. I wish I could remember the names of the desserts we had. One had banana flavor and the other was a dainty tray of various chocolates. Finally, fresh coffees capped our evening and we were off to watch fireworks. One additional thing really impressed me. When a table is ready to have food delivered, several waiters surround the table and present the food at the exact same time. This is such a simple act, but makes all the difference to the party at their table. It is such a turn off when everyone else is 1/2 through their meal and you are the only one not served yet. Or worse, your friends are polite, so they let all of their entrees get cold waiting for the last one to be served. Timing can be everything. And timing is one of the things Blue Zoo management and staff have down to an art. Great service, incredible food and charming atmosphere all make the Blue Zoo or new "GO TO".

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ended up justing getting the appetisers for dinner. Very hip place, but probably a bit nicer then we wanted. Better for couples then family.