“Great Drinks,food and service”

Todd English's Blue Zoo
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd English's Blue Zoo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 3,828 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
Seattle, Washington
“Great Drinks,food and service”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I met friends here twice during my vacation and it was great both times. They have some gluten free options, Tito's gluten free vodka and great food. The ahi tar tar (made with soy so technically not GF) and crab nachos were amazing! I will gladly return on future visits. Service was also great.

Flint, Michigan
“I could never be blue at the Blue Zoo”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I just loved this place. I loved the menu, I loved the food, I loved the atmosphere. Even stopping in for a drink at the bar was fun.

Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Top Notch for Disney”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

blueZoo is one of the better meals I've had on Disney property. It is expensive. There's no way around that. But, it is a solid sea food meal with a decent, unique cocktail list. I would recommend it if you want a "nice meal" while on vacation or for a business outing.

Visited March 2014
Traveler
“Worth it, absolutely.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Even if you aren't staying at the property where this place resides, you should venture in just to eat here. The food was excellent, with a good selection of oysters (not your typical gulf stuff either). The service was stellar, well above and beyond what you would expect at a CelebuChef/Disney establishment. Not as pricey as I would have expected, the staff were friendly, gracious, approachable, and called me by name after 1 visit (I was staying in the hotel). The GM went WAY above and beyond with a difficult request and made up for a rather complicated and frustrating stay at the property. I will be back at my first opportunity. Thanks again folks! My only knock - I honestly thought they were having Karaoke - but it turned out to be a rather dreadful cover band on night.

• Visited April 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
“Mediocre Food, Sky-High Prices, Good Service...”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

First of all, the service was outstanding thanks to a patient, knowledgeable, attentive server with a sense of humor. The place is very noisy. I wish that the food had been better to justify the very high prices. I ordered the special of the evening, a combination plate of Wagyu Beef and Softshell Crabs. If the beef that I was served was actual Wagyu Beef (I’ve eaten it before) I’ll buy you a car. Wagyu is heavily marbled with a silky "mouth feel." This was lean to a fault, tough (even though it was served sliced) and dry-dry-dry. This was low-grade supermarket beef, and although it was cooked as ordered, it was served just warm and was, as I said, remarkably dry. My guess is that when it was sliced it was left under a heat lamp while the other meals in my party were still in preparation. The Softshell Crabs were tasteless. I suspect that they were pre-floured and frozen…which Softshell Crabs should NEVER be. My wife’s English Pea Ravioli was very good. The VERY expensive Heirloom Tomato salads featured two tiny cherry tomatoes each, with ordinary greens and a nasty dressing. I will admit everything looked good and was nicely presented, but as for me, I’d never go back and cannot recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2014