“Outstanding Service, Great Food -- in the bar.”

Todd English's Blue Zoo
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd English's Blue Zoo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 3,791 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
Dallas, Texas
“Outstanding Service, Great Food -- in the bar.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

On our first night at the Disney Dolphin we had dinner at the Bluezoo bar. We wanted a light dinner and had been told the food there was very good. It was!! The service was even better. Our server, Elizabeth, was exceptionally attentive and very welcoming. We returned a couple of nights later for the great service, crab nachos and "better than Shula's" scallops. It was all excellent.

• Visited September 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Mad Man for Blue Zoo Manhattan's”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I enjoy dining at the Walt Disney Dolphin's Blue Zoo often, if entertaining, I'll choose the main dining room and order a Dancing Fish Cobia, which is out of this world good. Their fresh fish means just that, fresh and creatively approached on a daily basis. Just as often, casual stops at the Blue Zoon bar have now ratchted up my interest with their new bar snacks and craftet cocktails- for snacks, order the flatbreads, they're fantastic. And for the mad men in all of us, the small barrel aged Four Roses Manhattan is unparalled. Close runner-ups are the Rob Roy, one of my dad's old favorites, with a decidely new spin on flavor here at Blue Zoo and the Bee's Knee's, a hip prohibition bathtub gin concoction..something to savor before running home to "Boardwalk Empire"...or Disney's Boardwalk :)

• Visited September 2013
Glasgow
“Magical dining, vfm”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We ate here as part of the September magical dining offer. Bluezoo features a stunning dining room within the Dolphin Hotel. The salmon was served with little accompaniment bar the sauce, but it was one if the finest pieces of fish I have ever tasted. I also enjoyed a tantalising salad and varied bread basket. desert was an adequate portion size, a light tart satisfied the sweet tooth.

I did find the seating placing to be disappointing however, in a room that was half empty we were situated alongside a noisy works party. A view of the Epcot fireworks acted as suitable compensation....well worth a visit if you can utilise the magical dining offer but if paying top dollar there are other choices.

Visited September 2013
New York City, New York
“Disappointed - I expect more from a TE place”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was really disappointed by this visit. We live near a Todd English restaurant, the Olives in NYC, and I've always had very good food and cocktails.

The cocktails here were quite good, but the food was off. Perhaps it was because we mostly ordered off the Magical Dining Month menu, which was a lower price point than their typical menu. Even still, nothing irritates me more than when restaurants participate in a promotion and then don't showcase their typical service or quality. We dine out far more than we should, and in putting forth a mediocre effort, you ensure you won't get our business in the future. (We also ate at Emeril's in City Walk on the same trip using the same promotion; we'll be returning there!)

We had various issues with our food - service was very slow and given the place was empty as it was almost 10PM, it was fairly puzzling. My pasta dish was cold. I had the clam chowder to start and I think it made me sick - I was up in the middle of the night sick. I was the only one who had that dish and the only member of my party who got sick.

I would recommend going elsewhere on the Dolphin property. I had much better food and service at the pool bar. And that's not a knock at the pool bar's food - it was outstanding, or service - which was great.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steph B
Spring, Texas
“AWESOME DRINKS- BUT-----------”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I LOVE THE special drinks they do- especially the ones with the visual effects of which I wish there more. But as far as the food goes, honestly, I don't feel the flavors are worth the high prices. They just taste so typical. And yes, I know this is a restaurant that specializes in fish, but the fish was really really fishy. I don't know about you, but I'm not one that enjoys the aftertaste of that. Plus the chicken my husband ordered was again, very typical flavors, nothing special there except for the $30 price tag for a small portion that wasn't very good.
BUT AGAIN, THE BAR IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Especially Monique the bartender, love her, she's so fun and welcoming, I swear all the people at that bar were there just to see her cause she's just so bubbly and fun.

• Visited August 2013