“GREAT FOOD”

Todd English's Blue Zoo
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd English's Blue Zoo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is just a great dining experience. The service is very professional and the décor pleasant. The food is the star of the show. It FAR exceeded my expectations. The fish was not only good, it was amazing. Since everyone likes it in these reviews, I'll mention a few of the food items.

The scallop/beef appetizer is fantastic, and I was wary of combining these, but they were perfectly cooked, plump and juicy scallops that married well with the bit of beef and a wonderful bit of thick jus sauce. I was eating with just my mother; we split the appitzer, so they served the two portions on two plates for us to enjoy.

The "Dancing Fish" is a whole fish that was some sort of sea bass and was absolutely terrific. It comes with some kind of garlicy potatoes, but the fish itself was unadorned and perhaps the best tasting fish I have ever had in my life.

The "fish of the day" that we chose was salmon, served with a most delicious crab sauce. My waiter recommended the crab sauce, and I usually wouldn't want sauce on my fish, but in fact I wanted to lick the sauce off the plate. (My mother disallowed this activity.)

All in all, this was a wonderful experience. I can't wait to go back!!!!!!

There are newer reviews for Todd English's Blue Zoo

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We ate at Blue Zoo on Thurs. 8/9! We were greeted with a very friendly hostess! This was our third visit to Blue Zoo in the Dolphin! Our waiter was Doug and extremely attentive to all of our desires and seemed to be a mind reader as to what we wanted! He immediately recommended the most wonderful cocktail and appetizer's which were absolutely perfect and mouth watering. For our entree's he recommended the tenderloin to my husband whom is not a seafood lover and I was ecstatic to find out the Munk Fish was also a special that night! I had ordered it on a previous visit and still dream about it! For our desserts my husband ordered the Banana Dessert and I ordered a chocolate trio dessert! Everything about our meal was perfect but what made the whole evening perfect was the outstanding service and special attention! The restaurant was quite busy but our server Doug made us feel like we were the only table there! The General Manager whose name was Chad stopped by our table several times to make sure everything was perfect as he made his way to all the tables and insuring everyone that they were extremely special guests! It was by far a truly magical evening with food and service to dream of! Thank you everyone for making this happen!!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stay at the Swan and Dolphin resort often and tried the Blue Zoo for the first time. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the seafood. Our appetizers were amazing and so was the main dish. However, we were disappointed in the dessert. We will definitely be back again, for the fish and the creative way they serve it.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

This place is conveniently located in the Walt Disney Dolphin hotel.
The food is delicious! The ambiance is elegant & relaxing!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We've been to Blue Zoo often but Monday night (Aug. 5) was the best. Our greeting at the check in was very friendly, which has been a real issue for this restaurant, IMO. We had great cocktails, a couple burnt oranges and their signature blueberry drink, yum. We had the scallop/short rib appetizer (A-). The clam chowder (B+), it was very tasty but of thin stock whereas our personal preference would be thick stock. Our entree's were the monkfish with crab/Dijon sauce for both daughters (A+). I had the miso Hawaiian fish (A+). MY wife had the signature flat bred (B+). Very good but not as good as Californa Grill, in her opinion. Our server was Brandon and he was top notch. He made recommendations supported by facts and knowledge and was spot on. Further, he was attentive, friendly and fun to be around.

I think Blue Zoo remains the top restsurant at WDW with the exception of V&A's I suppose (although that's based on reputation only as I've not been).