“Unique”

Todd English's Blue Zoo
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd English's Blue Zoo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Unique”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the most unique/strange restaurant I have ever been. It is also one of the best meals I have ever had. I had a 2 lb fried lobster that was simply amazing! It is not a place I would go often because it is expensive. I think my Lobster entree was $60.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank smjackson51

Delray Beach, FL
“Wow.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Being in a hotel, one might be skeptical, especially considering the relatively non-exciting, chain establishments in Orlando. Past the fact that it is in the Dolphin hotel, this place is nothing short of exceptional. Our server was Ray and he really set the dinner experience off right. He had given us great recommendations from beginning to end from our drinks to our entrees. When the entrees arrived they were artfully prepared and the taste- amazing. The fish was prepared so well and the flavors complemented each other well. My wife's chicken dish was also very good even though this was primarily a seafood restaurant. Check this place out and ask for Ray.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing Service and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Me and my partner visited Blue Zoo for my graduation and it did not disappoint. The food was amazing and the service was second to none. Friendly and formal yet not stuffy. I recommend the scallops for starter they are AMAZING!!

San Diego, California
“We must have come on the wrong day...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The average rating is actually a gift, based on all of the reviews, we must have come on the wrong day. It started out positive enough...the ambience was the perfect end to a hectic day at Disney World. We had heard great things about the Blue Zoo and were looking forward to an original dining experience. Our server was wonderful as was all the service. The cocktails (basic Cosmopolitan and Margarita) were horrible. After a second try, I opted for water. Was told the bartender was new, went down hill from there. The teppen seared sea scallops were so undercooked, I'd just call it "sushi". I had shrimp, my husband the dancing fish, so unimpressed I don't even remember what kind. The shrimp was dry and over cooked, the fish watery. The chefs seem to be more focused on PLATE PRESENTATION than the actual food. Again, maybe we just hit a bad day...but I can't recommend.

Coral Springs, Florida
“Delicious cobia dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good and so was the service. Limited selection but good if you like fish. Pretty and romantic setting.