“Simply Amazing”

Todd English's Blue Zoo
Reserve with OpenTable
Todd English's Blue Zoo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Renowned for his unique style and ability to entertain, Celebrity Chef Todd English combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won't forget in Todd English's bluezoo. Designed by renowned architect, Jeffrey Beers, Todd English's bluezoo is truly a work of art. Beers has extensive experience and an exceptional reputation in both the architecture and interior design industries. He has a keen interest in the relationship between architecture and light and has studied and practiced the art of glass and glass blowing with renowned glass artist Dale Chihuly. Continued collaboration and work with the medium provide Beers an unparalleled expertise in glass - both as material and light design element - as is evidenced in each of his projects to date.
Reviewed December 22, 2011

What an evening. The sampler, fish and dessert with a fine bottle of wine the night was perfect. Our server Anthony was very helpful in selecting the right wine with our meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,341)

Reviewed December 14, 2011

We have been going to dinner at this amazing restaurant for about the last 5-7 years. It is amazing! When we had our daughter we thought for sure that there was going to be no way for us to continue going to this fantastic place with our daughter in tow. I was completely wrong! This restaurant has a kids menu and my daughter absolutely loves the meals on it! Also, the waitstaff was very friendly and accomodating to my daughter and our family. The staff even brought my daughter an exquisite birthday dish that she thought was just fabulous! Basically, I love that we can continue to eat at this fine-dining restaurant and our 2 year old and those around us can all enjoy the meal as well! Thank you!

1  Thank Marti K
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My wife and I have visited Walt Disney World once a year for the past 15 years. We always try to dine at a few new restaurants each time. We made a reservation at the bluezoo, but had second thoughts because it was located at the Dolphin Hotel and we had a long day at Hollywood Studios. We decided to give it a try anyway and it took us about 20 minutes to walk their from the park. It was one of the BEST decisions we made on this vacation!!!

From the bus person (Oscar) to our waitperson (Karen) to the Asst General Manager (Erik) to the food-everything was excellent!!! Karen was caring, professional, insightful, and made the evening very memorable.

We shared several appetizers and a fish entree. Every morsel was perfectly prepared and well-presented. The flavor profiles were spot on and the courses presented in perfectly timed sequences. The dining room makes you feel like you are underwater and secluded from all the distractions of Disney World (sometimes this is needed after a long day!!).

It was one of the best meals we have ever had anywhere. We are already planning to eat there next year! It truly is a "don't miss opportunity". If you are in Orlando you need to try this place-you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank stigger1
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We went on a Friday evening because the reviews were good. You walk in through the bar and there is a girl or two singing - not sure if they had a band really, but the music was loud enough to flow into the restaurant and make it hard to converse with the friends we hadn't seen in a year. I even had a hard time hearing the waitress give us the specials. There were only 3 people sitting in the bar so I cannot understand the thinking of management here. If I wanted to go to a bar I would have. The atmosphere is pretty and very new age. The tables are placed far enough apart. The wine we order frequently at other restaurants was $6 more per bottle. My salad was only OK. However, the salmon was very good, the snapper special was very good and the dessert was excellent. It was $400 for 4 people plus wine.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

New items on the menu since our last time in were this fun hot dog and fried bologna sandwiches on the appetizer menu. I had never had a fried bologna sandwich, and I am so sorry I did. It was addictive, the meat did not taste like the bologna we grew up with, it could be a meal all by itself. I had a cocktail called Serenity, and it was different and delicious. Same for the hot dog, which was house made. Yumm, yumm. Other apps enjoyed were the scallops, the shrimp, and the tuna tartare. Had the Pork Three Ways, which was delicious, enjoyed a terrific Erotica Riesling (love the wine list). Special requests of others at the table were handled with professionalism and care. Ran out of room for dessert, which was a crime, as they make some of the best.

Bottom lining this restaurant, they serve inventive food, in a relaxing atmosphere, with outstanding service. Go there for a gastronomic experience you won't soon forget. Again, it isn't inexpensive, but really, for the level of food, it is worth every penny.