“Delicious Surprise!”

Ranked #11 of 3,852 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin, Venezuelan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Place serving typical food from Venezuela also we have Latino Food too. Our specialties are Arepas Empanadas Cachapas Tequeños Yoyos Patacones South American BBQ Natural Juices
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My colleage and I were in Orlando for a conference and were staying at the Marriott Suite area on Vineland. We noticed that there are MANY chain restaurants, and wanted something with a little different feel that was within walking distance of our hotel. We found a map that had Q-Kenan listed on it so we decided to check it out.
Q-Kenan is a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant that we didn't even notice at first - it's part of an outdoor strip mall area.
We were able to sit outside, which was nice, and were served here quickly. Our server is from Venezuela and was a charming young man.
My colleague and I both ordered the traditional meat, rice, beans and plantains meal - and it was delicious! It was very reasonably priced, at around $9.00, but don't quote me because I was so enchanted with the food that I don't really remember.
My one suggestion, though, avoid the fried yuca - it was nothing special.
The rest of it, though, was a very delicious latin meal.

There are newer reviews for Q'Kenan Restaurant

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Never had Venezuelian food, so thought we would give it a try.
Empenadas were very tasty. The grilled meat platter was ok.
Thier beer was very good however.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Arepas with eggs...fried plantains...great food. Loved the breakfast with fried maduros, eggs, arepas and black beans. Patacones were excellent also.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We thought this was an Irish bar that would have the football game on - boy were we surprised! The signage is not clear out front, but we are glad we stepped in. It took a while to find the game on their cable, but they were glad to do it. Then we saw the menu. We were confused, but had an amazingly patient waitress. We enjoyed a dinner plate, a sandwich, and a couple sides. All was excellent. The beer was also good. We loved our adventure and wanted to go back again - too bad it was our last night in town.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Being from NC and not being able to eat this food all year round my family and I could not pass the opportunity to indulge ourselves with good food. The service, quality, and value were right. Definitely going back for lunch tomorrow!