Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #82 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 1, 2007

We stayed here the last week in June. I was so pleased with the free breakfast every morning. It got us off to a good start with all of the delicious selections of foods. Also, throughout the day there were always fruit bowls to grab an apple or banana and fresh, delicious chocolate chip cookies out as well every afternoon. There was also a cake one day to enjoy. The pool was small, quiet and relaxing. The location of the hotel was awesome. It is on the nice end of I Drive. Right behind the hotel was minature golf, plenty of places to eat, a Wal-greens, shopping, Wonder Works...this was all within walking distance. Most attractions were within a 5 min drive or so depending on traffic. The beds were so comfortable. When I got home, it felt like I was sleeping on a concrete block because I got pretty spoiled there I guess. Room was always cleaned and front desk staff very nice. The only negative thing I can say is it wasn't very suiting for our rambunctious 10 yr old. He was wanting to be loud at the pool, in the halls and in the room and we were constantly saying shhh because it seemed the other guest were all business oriented or just older and more conservative. Meaning, for kids wanting to run around and just be kids, they will have to be a little more disciplined here. All and all though it was fantastic. And our son thought the trade-off for being quiet balanced out with the napkins full of cookies he would swipe every eveing! Highly reccomended!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank meluwood
Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed June 27, 2007

We stayed here for two weeks last October. Great value for money, very helpful staff and very comfortable. Free breakfast is a bonus with a varied selection all you can eat. There is also free and unlimited hot drinks day and night. We found the hotel to be quiet and had no problem getting a good nights sleep. The beds are fantastically comfortable and large. The pool is small but was always quiet and great for a quick cooling dip. The hotel is in a quiet location at the better end of International Drive. Highly recommended. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank Fifeac
Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 8 of our 14 night stay in Florida, 4 nights at the start of the holiday and 4 at the end with a 6 night tour in the middle. We originally booked 6 nights on the internet for approx £150 which is a bargain as this is a very nice hotel. The whole time we were at the Hampton we honestly didn't find a single fault with the service, room or anything else. The reception staff are always polite, the rooms are large, clean and well decorated and the facilities and services are excellent. The room was cleaned every day with fresh toileteries and clean towels put out. The breakfast service in the mornings is also very good, plenty of choice and loads of it! This is always nice to have as it saves you time and money before you go off to the theme parks for an early start. One tip I would give is if you're planning on adding extra nights to your stay book the Hampton through one of the Tourist Info places. Their rates are about $65 per night instead of the hotels $150 per night. Unfortunately we found this out after we had already added an extra night booking directly with the hotel! Overall staying at the Hampton was such an easy, stress free experience, which in my opinion is how a hotel stay should be.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
13  Thank philipo49
Reviewed May 20, 2007

We have just returned from Florida having stayed one week in Orlando and one week in Boca Raton, Palm Beach County. My only regret is that I did not book a Hampton Inn in both locations. (see my review of Boca Raton Plaza Hotel & Suites)
The Hampton Inn is perfect in every way - staff helpful and friendly, excellent hotel services and spotlessly clean. The one thing I have to give special mention to was the bed - the most comfortable I have ever slept in. Gorgeous pillows and duvets too.
The location is close to Universal Studios, Pointe Orlando Mall and Wet 'n Wild and about 20 minutes drive to Disney. A shuttle service is available for $6. Premium outlets is also very close.
The hotel is on Universal Blvd but if you walk through the carpark at the back of the hotel you are on International Drive. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance and TGI Fridays do room service if you dont was to walk 3 minutes!
Complementary tea and coffee are available 24 hours and some nights they have free movies and popcorn in the lobby.
I could go on and on about this great Hotel but lets just say there is nothing I could fault with it. I just regret not having booked a Hampton Inn for the second week of our holiday.

9  Thank Eileen-Mark
Reviewed May 19, 2007

The other reviews were right. This is an excellent place right behind the convention center and International Drive. The hotel was busy with other guests who many had noisy unruly kids, but we never heard any noise from our room. Our room was so quiet we had to turn the T.V. on for noise.
The beds were excellent just like the beds that are in expensive luxury hotels. The shower head had adjustable settings and excellent water pressure. The toilet even had excellent water pressure.
The breakfast was great for a hotel breakfast which consisted of eggs and other hot items along with fruit and juices. Even though the breakfast area was always busy it was fully stocked.
I am very particular and notice every little tiny detail. The room and bathroom both were very clean with no dust or partials anywhere however; the bathroom did have some hairs on the floor. The drain in the bathroom was slow and I reported this at checkout. The clerk immediately called someone on the radio which I assumed it was being taken care of.
Also, Hampton inns normally have cookies in the afternoon. Since it was the weekend they didn’t have any so we had to go out for ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery instead which we have not done since we moved.
The above details are so minor that it wouldn’t be fair for me not to give this hotel a perfect rating especially for what we got for the price. These details are too minor to prevent me from staying again and recommending it to others. We will definitely stay here the next time we go to Orlando.

8  Thank lakecity211
Reviewed May 17, 2007

This is my second stay at a Hampton Inn in the last few months. I am usually a bed and breakfast person, but sometimes you just need to stay in a hotel. The Hampton Inn is a great place to stay and in my opinion just as nice as those "fancy" hotels. Hilton has really done the right thing with this hotel group. The Hampton Inn Convention Center was clean, the staff nice and the breakfast was pretty good. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms spacious and brightly lit.

11  Thank PAWhereToNext
Reviewed May 5, 2007

Just returned after spending 2 nights at the Hampton inn. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a clean, well appointed hotel with an excellent breakfast service. We found all the staff very friendly, polite and helpful. Check in was a breeze, even after travelling for over 13 hours before we got there. After a quick shower in an immaculate bathroom we headed out for something to eat. After our evening meal we were totally exhausted and decided to head back to the hotel for an early night. we had read on T.A. about how comfy the beds were and we were not disapointed. There is a choice of pillows and the beds are an absolute dream (excuse the pun),
The breakfast selection was very nice and everything was freshly replenished on a regular basis. People who moan about a poor selection should maybe look at what they eat at home each morning and then they will maybe realise that the majority of people have the same thing every morning day in and day out without thinking it odd.
The pool looked very clean and inviting but as the weather was not on our side we didnt try it out so i can't comment on it more than this.
We then travelled down to The Key's for a few days and on our return to the area decided to stay at a different hotel to get a more balanced idea of what accomodation in the area is like. The next hotel we stayed at was on equal par to the Hampton in most things apart from the beds, I don't think any hotel will match those amazing beds.
Overall we totally enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone and on our next visit to Florida this hotel will be top of our list.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple