Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #82 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 14, 2013

It is a good hotel for the price range. Not very new, the room's furniture and AC shows their age. Anyway overall is a comfortable hotel with a good staff. I was there for business and I enjoyed both the short distance to International drive and to the Orange County Convention Center. Well connected to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I recently stayed here four days during a convention. The staff was all very polite and friendly. My room was exceptionally clean. Air conditioner worked very well. Breakfast was good and the serving area was very neat and clean. Although I did not use the pool, the area looked very inviting (and it was actually warm enough to swim if I had wanted to). The day before I left was the opening of a dog show at the convention center -- the staff had placed a bowl of dog biscuits on the desk for their special guests. If I am ever in Orlando for another convention, I will certainly place this hotel at the top of my list.

Room Tip: rooms near the ice machines are nice, but get noisy when everyone is filling their ice buckets
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Staff stated hotel including rooms were renovated in February 2013. When we arrived, the front desk clerk (who was a manager and failed to smile or greet us) and stated only the lobby was renovated in December 2012. The room and furnishings were old and dated. The beds were unconformable, the shower water pressure was insufficient and the toilet was stuffed up.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barry L
Stephano A, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Barry L,

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I value your feedback and have forwarded your feedback to my management team. We are committed to providing the best value and service in the I-Drive Area, your comments will help us improve on our offerings. I do thank you for staying with us and invite you to contact me if I can be of service.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel has a great location, close to all parks. Room was good, clean with a working small fridge.
Stood 1 week at this hotel, most of the time during Thanksgiving week and had no big hustles.
Breakfast with decent items variety, on 2 mornings some were finished and even staff trying to replace them, the amount of people would finish faster. Must mention Terrance (from breakfast) hospitality. Always smiling, helpful – taught me how to prepare the waffles- and working to keep the buffet and tables tidy and clean.
Note that they’ll charge for packages that arrive before and during your stay.
Summary
What I was looking for: A budget hotel, close to main parks.
No problem to find park spots at hotel parking lot, free of charge.
Pros: Hotel indeed is close and clean. Breakfast for this hotel level is good and no need to eat outside.
Cons: Nothing to highlight to make an unpleasant stay. There was a girl in the morning that could smile and be nicer.
The hotel delivers what they charge. Would return and recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aledcc
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Nice welcome and very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to tourists. They were very pleasant and answered any questions that we had. It was nice to have the carts available to help with the luggage up to the rooms as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Great location for a convention but we like it for when we go to Universal Studios. You are within walking distance to I Drive for dinner. Nice clean facility. We stay here as much as possible when we are in this area of Orlando.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was treated fantastic by the staff ! A # 1 place to stay while in Orlando. I will return to this Hotel every time we visit the area. Clean, well decorated, close to attractions, well maintained and presentable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Florida Center
Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Florida Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando International Drive North

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center? Share your experiences!