Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #81 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton Fri & Sat night. Quality hotel and well maintained and had a breakfast including sausage & eggs among many other items. Can make about a 3 block walk over to back side of Point Orlando. Had very good meals that were reasonably priced there at Adobe Gillas southwestern restaurant and Pizzeria Valdiano.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the staff was awesome, easy access to just about everything. The breakfast was the bomb!, The morning breakfast server was very helpful , her name was Towanda , she really waited on everyone personally that needed her assistance , not just my family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 710janice
Reviewed July 5, 2013

air conditioning did not work in room. no comfortable to sleep. Hotel did give consolation on cost of room. Breakfast not great, room was very hot and not comfortable. they left the pool door and front door of lobby open. Not comfortable to eat. Food Ok but not great.

3  Thank Robin F
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Excellent hotel, great location, quiet area which is nice but very close to all amenities and parks. Staff are excellent very attentive, and the rooms are standard size very clean with very comfortable beds. Fridge provided on request and free breakfast a lovely bonus.

2  Thank PebblesKildare1
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have just returned today (3rd July 2013) with my sister after a 5 night stay at this hotel. Can I just say that I think people who have said how great the customer service was really need to get out more. I am not saying staff weren't pleasant but we received no service from anyone. We had room 500 and contrary to some reviews can't say we noticed any nose from vending or ice machine. We had a small fridge freezer. The room was clean, and I have to admit I spotted 2 rogue ants in the bathroom. The air cons were very noisy, and the bathroom light flickered when you switched it on, something I a sure they are aware of, we didn't complain as the room was habitable, and frankly we were only using the room for sleeping, and showering. Checking in was ok, but no offer of how we intend to spend our trip to ascertain if any help could be offered. Now breakfast that was a massive issue. We're from the UK, and we like a good breakfast. What we got was scrambled egg, boiled egg, and sausages/meat of some sort. Bread, waffles, and cereal. Very basic with very little choice for a buffet breakfast, and to make it worse you had to eat off polystyrene plates, cups and plastic cutlery. Food was cold, and doesn't offer much choice if you don't eat meat, especially as one day they did a meat filled omelette, and sausages, but the guy working kindly offered to make my sister a cheese omelette. I have to have a good breakfast to start the day, so I was disappointed with what they had. Especially the polystyrene I had to eat off. Tea and coffee is at your disposal all day, but drinking out those cups is a no no for me. The location was good for everything. We did ask about buying an I Trolley card for public transport, we were told at reception the our first morning a 3 day card would be about $4/5 it costs $7, we also asked if they knew what day the Shamu show has fireworks they did not now. I'm not saying it is their job to now, but something like the I trolley they should know. They did however suggest that we go to the nearby Information centre, if you buys tickets for the parks, you can get them discounted, you save about $10-$12. Overall it was ok, nothing to sing about. What I would like to say is if you are staying here, do use public transport, go to nearby Walgreen to get the I-trolley card, public transport is not very good, but cheaper than taxi's ad Hampton Inn charge for their shuttles unlike other hotels, who have free shuttles to the parks. By getting public transport you can hop on and off and see everything. I loved Orlando despite the bleak weather, and definitely would come back would I stay at this hotel again I don't think so.

Room Tip: Try and get a room at the back less noisy
4  Thank munchkinBirmingham
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I meant to write this right after I stayed in February, but got busy and just now got to it.

Upon check-in, it some how came out that I hadn't had time to get lunch do to airline travel delays. Since I was rushing to get to a meeting at a neighboring hotel a few minutes later, I wasn't going to have time to find anything. As I came back through the lobby after putting my bags in my room, one of the front desk staff stopped me and gave me one of their "to-go" breakfast bags (despite being 2:00 in the afternoon). That was totally unexpected and very much appreciated.

There are a load of really great restaurants and shopping just a short walk away.

As far as the rooms go, this is a slightly older Hampton in terms of furnishings and decor, but it was clean, comfortable and I slept really well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived after a very long flight and a 14 hour flight delay, checked in and went straight to our room which was located on the 5th floor room 500, next to ice machine and vending machine as you will see on previous reviews people have flagged these rooms up for being noisy didn't unpack returned to reception to ask for another room was then offered a room next to the elevators which are just as noisy and was told wouldn't have a fridge so jet lag setting in we just decided to stay put in Room 500. We awoke and unpacked went to breakfast returned to room for my 7 year old daughter to shout from the bathroom that there were ants all over the floor!!! Went down to reception and explained, who asked me did I want to change room or wait and get this problem sorted? I said I would rather change room last thing I wanted was ants everywhere!!. Was then given Room 524 at the other end of the landing had to repack and move. Went into this room and the faults were numerous, no light shade in bathroom, faulty door handle on wardrobe and fridge was smelly and mouldy and a/c unit was old and looked to us burnt out. Went back to reception to tell of this. Got the frige that was in our original room and light shade got fixed. Unpacked took a shower and the hairdryer blew up!! Went back to reception who replaced old burnt out hairdryer. Stayed in many Orlando hotels and have had better. Breakfast was ok location again ok, for a 2/3 night business stay but for a family trip to Orlando I would go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Watch out for the Ants in bathroom of Room 500.
5  Thank dingletours