“Cheap, Big and without Character”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #120 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
St Albans
“Cheap, Big and without Character”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2007

I have to make it clear that I choose this hotel purely on price for a few nights at the end of the holiday before we flew out.

It met our basic needs and to be honest you don't go to Orlando to sit in your hotel. On the plus side rooms were the usual good size, everything worked and it suited us for a couple of nights.

Would I stay there again? Nope, never. Road noise was intolerable made worse by the badly fitting door. As has already been said if you want daylight then everyone can see in. Housekeeper constanly walked in without knocking. Fixtures and fittings were old and showed the wear. Reception staff were certainly direct but with a hotel of that size who can blame them getting a bit short tempered sometimes. Couldn't work out what the barriers were for on the car park, we were never challanged by security, in fact they didn't look at all interested.

Go there for the price and price alone and you will be happy.

2 Thank jimP-7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (938)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

Before we left for Orlando on a SWA vacation, I looked on this site to see what was being said about this hotel and everything said was bad! I was scared. I was so scared I called Southwest and they said if I had any trouble to call them back after I arrived. Well, we arrived Friday evening and the hotel was in a busy location, but what part of International drive is not busy? The check-in was fairly quick even though there were several familles a head of us. I requested a no smoking room, but was told that the room they were giving me would be bigger. I took it. Rm. 1262. It had a king-sized bed. The room did not smell like smoke and I am highly sensitive to all smells. It was located on the second floor across from the pool- a garden view. The room was clean and the bed was clean. I even checked out the mattress and it was clean too. I also checked under the bed and guess what clean as well.The furnishings were old, but thy were not falling apart. The hotel is over 30 years old. There was an iron and ironing board which came in handy and a micro-fridge. The coffee pot was questionable. We did not use it . It had a metal carafe and we had not seen one of those in years. The towels and wash clothes were clean and plentiful. There was plenty of hot water. The TV was nice and there was internet access (we did not use it) There is a security guard at the entrance and you have to have a placcard to get in and out, but that was a good thing. I was not scared and parking was ample slept well and there was no craziness going on Basically, my fears were for not. I was satisfied ! Everone was pleasant!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the age of the room furnishing
Kent, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2007

Pros:
Excellent location, no need to hire a car, good transport links nearby
Pricey, but handy shop on site
OK Pool
Large room with fridge, kettle and microwave
Cheap
Powerful shower, usually plentiful hot water
TV worked

Cons:
Remnants of suspicious looking hairs in the bin (I think we can all guess what these were)
Ciggarette burns in the bedsheets and covers (non-smoking room)
Clogged up shower/bath that didn't clear properly and smelled of drains
Sink tap that violently sprayed water all over you and flooded the splashback area every time it was operated
Ancient venitian blinds with many of the slats missing which meant no privacy
Rusted light fittings (inside the room)
Filthy looking door (on the inside) covered top to bottom in odd stains, looked like someone had thrown coffee all over it (!?)
Dingy looking alleys and stairways outside

When we asked to be moved to another room, we were told another would not be available for two days. We had no luck finding another place. When we eventually moved rooms, it was slightly better, but still the curtains didn't draw properly. As the windows are next to the door on the walkway, everyone can see in. When we were asked if we had a good stay, we replied no and no other comment was made by the staff or any apology.

We booked this for our budget honeymoon, we wern't expecting flowers and chocolates but we did expect a reasonable standard. If you are looking for a dirt cheap place for a couple of nights and you don't stay in it too much it's probably perfect. We would not recommend or return.

• Liked — Location and price, if you are young and skint, it's probably bearable!
  • Disliked — General state of accomdation
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie_JK
crawley, west sussex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2007

Stayed here for 3 nights from 17th May, here's the pros and cons:

Pro's:

Good location
Good shop on site with good selection of food and drink
Standard room: twin Queen beds, microwave, shower/bath/toilet, good sized fridge, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, maid comes and cleans everyday.
Swimming pools a good size, towels provided around the pool, good number of sun loungers.

Good security at each entrance.

Cons:
Very difficult to find a parking space anywhere near your room.
Pets are allowed to stay here as well, so watch for doggie pooh on the lawns!

Didn't try: Coaches to parks, the bar and the breakfast room.

Any questions then let me know

• Liked — Location & value for money
  • Disliked — Parking
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2007

I stayed at Qulaity Inn International Drivefor 8 days and it was great. The room was serviced daily and the beds made everyday. The place was clean and tidy and thats what i wanted for my trip. I did most of my eating away from the Inn so i cant comment on the Restaurant or the Bar. I enjoyed it there and would stay again if i plan another trip to Orlando, Florida.

• Liked — How clean it was
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank BABY2PHAT
beverly hills
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

I needed a place to stay the night in orlando and drove by this place... saw the $59 per night rate and made the res... This property has a bar on site which did karaoke on Saturday night... The rooms were set up nice with safes, great on demand movies and games, a welcome kit with Disney info, a quicky mart on site, and close to ALOT of shopping, bars and restaurants...

I met alot of really nice young foreigners there who I ended up hanging out with til god knows when...

• Liked — 3 pools and a bar on site...
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank csleeper
Belfast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

I didnt like this hotel at all.

Pros:

- Good location. In the northern bit of I-Drive, 1/2 a mile to Wet and Wild and a 6-8 dollar or taxi from so from Universal. The Northern part of I-Drive it is in isnt as pretty as further south along it but it has loads more within walking distance. I am not sure what the courtesy buses to Universal and Seaworld are like but I think with the public buses you could do fine without a car here, and there arent too many places in Florida I could say that of. Buses get you up and down I-Drive, to Florida Mall, Seaworld, even the airport and are cheap and regular.
- Cheap. $60 a night after tax, and I have seen it cheaper.

Cons:

- The lobby looks fine but the rooms look like they are in some dodgy council estate (housing project). Your window is beside your door and opens out onto the walkway that leads to all the other rooms. This of course means that if you have your curtains open everyone who walks past sees right in. The bathrooms was small and a bit dingy.
- Security. Maybe the place is really safe, there is a free safe in the room and a security guard on the car park after all. However we didnt feel safe, my wife didnt want to go from our room to the reception without me there. It might have been the dingy lifts, the stairways that look run down, the aforementioned windows open to the world, the people standing in the walkway in their underpants having a smoke outside their room, but whatever it was we didnt feel very secure there.
- I cant say for sure I got them in this hotel but about the same time I got a shedload of insect bites. We were in Florida 2 weeks and I didnt have them before, so evidence tends to point to this place. I normally get very few mosquito bites, and before this had hardly any in FL so I doubt it was them.

I wouldnt dream of staying here again. We spent 6 nights in the nearby Rodeway Inn which was even cheaper but way nicer. If the bug bites werent from this place I would possibly bump it up to a 1 and a 1/2 or possibly 2 out of 5, as it was pretty cheap and in a good spot, but I still wouldnt stay here again, there are far better options in the price range. I think those writing good reviews probably just arent aware of them.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The room
3 Thank bigchiefally