“Great for the Money but NOISEY!!!!!”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #117 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 15, 2007

Myself and daughter went for March break and I only now have had time to write about this hotel.First off Id like to express that myself and family are usually four star plus hotel people but thought we 'd give a 2 star in a great location a go. The Plus's of this hotel:
1)The price was great $69 a night.
2)This hotel is an older facility but kept up very nicely.The landscape was very comfortable and the pool area kept very clean.Pool was clean and temperature was great for March.
3)Check in was great.People were helpfull and delightful.The room was clean (No sign of bugs or mold etc...)and the maid service was as good as top notch hotels.Liked the little fridge and microwave and hairdryer in the room.The in room safe didnt look to safe though???? Looked like a crow bar could easily rip it away from the wall.
4) Location to ALL the attractions was great. Entrance and exit ramp to Highway 4 right around the corner from the hotel which made it convenient to get to Disney and back again.
5) Many restaurants and fast food places within walking distance of hotel if your not renting a car.
6)Excellent security guards patrolling always.

The Minus's of this hotel

1) NOISEY! We stayed on the main pool side so we wouldnt get any highway noise.You still get noise no matter where you stay. The problem is the windows.The windows are only one pane of glass so there is not much insulation there for noise.We also had a few kids next to us that decided to go out on the balcony at 2 AM in the morning and have a party. I unfortunately had to call security seeing they were so rude to other guests with their noise. Security were there with a few minutes to end the fun and all was quite again. Thank God!!! Be warned that this hotel gets bus loads of kids from high schools or colleges in, so we all know how loud kids can get.I am by no means a grumpy old man. I am 43 years old and like some beauty sleep when on vacation.
2) One more small but interesting set back was the parking.The hotel was completely booked solid at the time of our stay and if we got back from the theme parks after 11pm we couldnt find parking anywhere in the complex. At one point I had to park up at the check in parking seeing there was no parking anywhere.

Conclusion!

All in all this hotel was very nice and I would consider staying there again other than the noise part of the trip. Myself and daughter were ONLY there to shower and sleep and then hit the theme parks.If this is what your trip is going to be about then I recommend this place.If you bring ear plugs all will be OK Im sure. Have a good trip

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank Mikeonatrip
Write a ReviewReviews (6,801)

Reviewed April 14, 2007

We arrived at the hotel at 2:30 p.m. to check in. Room not ready yet.
We reserved a non-smoking room. We ended up with a smoking room. Because there wasn't any power on the other side. Finally received our room at 3:30 p.m. Our room was facing the noisy miniture golf course with a Loud Valcano that erupted quite often until 11:30 p.m. The shower head was positioned way too low. Who ever put that in must
of been short. Also the shower faucet was very hard to turn on. Box spring mattress was very soiled. They tried to cover it up with the sheets. Gross! If you want quality sleep this is a bad location. It states 5 M.P.H. on the property. Taxi cabs, delivery trucks, shuttle buses drove way too fast. Gargabe trucks come very early and are very
noisy. Who needs a wake up call when you have them to wake you up. Children screaming at 2:30 a.m. in the driveway! Housekeeper, however
was very plesant. Also not very easy to get on International Dr. taking a left from property. I wish they'd keep in mind that People are on Vacation!

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank hotdolly
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Me and my boyfriend are both huge Disney fans and big kids at heart so a trip to Orlando was perfect!! We are students and so we were looking to go on a budget. We booked with Virgin holidays because they were reasonably priced and had a good reputation. However Florida on a budget we found was impossible. After adding theme park tickets, spends and transportation for when we got there it ended up a lot more expensive than we thought! All worth it though!

We arrived in Orlando in the middle of a thunder storm, so we were glad to get to our cosy hotel room. Check in was quick and easy. We recieved two free breakfast vouchers and two free dinner vouchers on arrival - courtesy of Virgin.
The hotel is huge with two pools, a restaurant, games room, gift shop (cheaper than in the theme parks!) and a pub/bar. The rooms are basic, ours had two double beds, bathroom, fridge, safe, tv, microwave and an area to make tea/coffee (which we hardly used!) Movies are also rentable on pay per view by calling up the front desk for a small fee (well worth it for a chill out night after walking round the theme parks!)

The hotel is literally right next to a huge mcdonalds - said to be the largest. International drive is on your doorstop and you can walk up and down easily - no transportation needed. We worried about not hiring a car but we were fine. I-ride trolley buses go up and down all day long if your not a keen walker but its a waste of time and money as there are never any seats left and if theyre full they wont stop. It is the only thing that I would recommend you didnt buy a ticket a for! Taxi's are cheap and easy to get hold of, Quality Inn is one of the major hotels so its always easy to get back to.

If you head left from the hotel on international drive you will see endless restaurant/cafes, gift shops and the magic midway which your kids will love (a mini fairground/amusements arcade). Next door to the hotel is a crazy golf with a fire shooting volcano when you get a hole in one, cheap and great fun!

We went in June and were there also for July 4th - a huge American holiday. Avoid going this week at all costs!! Its far too crowded - pool areas were packed and theme parks were full to the brim! Weather was nice, we were worried about the rainy season but it would be sunny and HOT most of the time and then rain occasionally in the afternoon, but within half an hour it is dried up and sunny again!

The hotel food was ok. Nothing special, but a nice change to eating out occasionally. They would have mostly american food hamburgers, hotdogs and fries. We would recommend Ponda Rosa buffet style restaurant (turn left along international drive from the hotel and keep walking!), where you choose you meat/main dish then the rest of your meal is all-you-can-eat buffet style, serving all sorts of delicious food!

Everything was really clean and only saw one cockroach - in the bath! The maids changed the bed everyday and put everything back where it was. The only thing was that they came in the morning and knocked to come in, so a lie in was out of the question. They came in once when we were in bed still! But the general rule is if the curtains are open they will come in!
Staff were really helpful and there is an information desk that will help with any tourist enquiries. You can also book transportation to themeparks here. The Universal studios bus if free, you just have to book the day before. We booked Disney transportation from the Virgin rep but it ended up costing quite alot.
All in all our Florida holiday was amazing!! The hotel couldn't of been more perfect for us. Great location! Perfect for budget travellers too. Can't wait for our next visit to see all the things we didnt get chance to, and we will definatley be staying at the Quality Inn International.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank fairysam
Reviewed April 7, 2007

I made our reservation for our April stay in February 2007. I received a confirmation email with a confirmation number. I had reserved a non smoking room with 2 queen beds. Imagine my surprise upon arriving at 8 p.m., after a long day of air flights, being told I had no reservation. It took over an hour for them to find my reservation somewhere in the system, no apology. They gave us a SMOKING room with a king size bed. They claimed it was the only room available. My grandson and I spent the night coughing and he got very congested. I decided the next day I wasn't leaving the lobby until I had a non-smoking room, which I did get.

The smoking room was dirty, the chair was filthy.

The non smoking room was clean. It was poolside on the 1st floor. I was worried about noise but heard none. The pool was nice, long enough for laps if you get out to it in the early a.m. Once the kids come you can forget doing anything but playing. My grandson enjoyed meeting new friends from England.

England seems to have invaded the Orlando area, with English newspapers, cookies, etc available in nearby stores. I wish we could visit England and other European countries for the same reasonable price they travel here on.

The shower was always warm enough and the water spray strong.

The breakfast buffet was a good option for breakfast. The dinner buffet wasn't. The mashed potatoes were watery and tasteless, the roast beef dried out.

The free bus to take us to Universal Studios was 40 minutes late, with no apology from the driver. The bus was already full with people standing yet it still went to a 2nd hotel! I don't know about FL law but here you'd not be allowed that many people standing in a bus.

I would probably stay here again, because of the price, location, and large pool, but I would confirm my reservation with a phone call direct to the motel, followed by monthly verifications. If I was again given a smoking room I would demand they pay for me to stay elsewhere in a non smoking room.

2  Thank NurseNell
Reviewed April 6, 2007

I go to Orlando at least twice a year. I usually stay at the Hyatt Grand Cyprus with family. But this time I went solo and decided to stay right on International Drive. I chose this place because of a great value through Travel Zoo.

At first I was apprehensive. I have always stayed at 5 star properties.

I was presently surprised. I met great staff and guests. I never felt alone and the security was top notch.

Cleaning service was good. I loved the Cafe and lounge. I did not like the buffets. But there are plenty of eating options nearby and because of the fridge and micro. I could stock up on snacks and beverages.

The grounds are lovely and the pools were clean with plenty of room to sun bathe. I would definitley return. Hi Neil and Lez!!!

• Stayed: March 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank soccerbabe
Reviewed March 31, 2007

We arrived at the property and were surprised to be stopped at a guard gate before we could enter the property. We were told that both entrances on the property were manned with security 24/7. (Which we saw for ourselves.)

When we checked-in, we were greeted by the friendliest staff person Rosa. She was quick to give us suggestions on restaurants and shopping in the area. Rosa was probably the friendliest and most helpful person we met on our entire Orlando vacation.

The room was large and had all the immenties listed on the hotel website. We had a problem with the television on our first night and called the front desk at about 11pm to report it. We were not expecting someone to be sent down within 15 minutes and fix the problem. I was very impressed. The only problem we encountered in the room was seeing ants here and there. There weren't alot of them but they were in the room.

Although we didn't go to the pool, it was a nice size and the pool and pool area were clean.

For the money spent, this Quality Inn is quite a value. It's just a few miles away from Sea World, Wet N Wild and Universal Studios. Many restaurants and shops are within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BrandiR
Reviewed March 29, 2007

My 15 yr. old daughter and I just got back from our spring break vacation, and though we truly love visiting Orlando, we absolutely hated our hotel, which kind of put a damper on our entire time there. We booked our room based on the positive reviews written by others who have stayed there. I personally can't afford fancy hotels, and have stayed at many budget hotels in the past, but this is the first time I'm so disappointed in a budget hotel. When we arrived in our room about 7:00 p.m., our beds looked as though someone had taken a nap in them, the bedspread on both beds was pulled off the pillows and both pillows were stacked on top of each other as if someone either napped or watched TV in our room (pictures attached). I called the front desk and was told that housekeeping was gone for the day. Our bathtub was also dirty. On our first day we used their free shuttle to Sea World. On our second day there we began calling guest services at 7:30 a.m., to inquire about the "shuttle" to the Disney parks (which has a fee of $14 per person by the way), we were continually put on hold and never got to even ask one simple question. When we arrived at the front desk about 8:15 am, we were informed the shuttle had just left, I told them I had been calling to ask what time it was scheduled for so that we wouldn't miss it but kept getting put on hold, the man's response was "we were busy helping guests"... I'm sorry I thought once I booked a room there, I was a "guest" too!!! He then told me that the next shuttle would be leaving at 9:50 a.m., they failed to tell us that this shuttle would be stopping at 7 other hotels to pick up more riders, we arrived at the park after 11:00 a.m. which in our case, made for a very short visit to Animal Kingdom which closes at 7:00 p.m. Oh, yes... and let's not forget that we were informed our bus would be picking us up at 6:15 p.m., again before closing. On our last night there, I called the front desk to request a wake up call for 2:00 a.m.so that we could be ready when our 2:50 a.m. shuttle arrived to take us to the airport. That "wake up call" never came. I woke up an hour late, at which time we had missed our shuttle. I called the front desk to complain and got a simple "I'm sorry about that"... long story short, we had to take a towncar (which the hotel so kindly called for me when I requested a cab), that cost me $50, and we almost missed our flight. I'm not sure what kind of hotels the guests with positive reviews have stayed at before that they found this one so great. I would never stay there again nor would I recommend it to anyone I know.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family