“Good value”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #122 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“Good value”
Reviewed May 31, 2006

We were skeptical staying at the Quality Inn because of the good rate we received but from all the reviews we read, we decided to take a chance. It was fine, no bugs, cold a/c and good water pressure in the shower. We couldn't ask for more really since we mainly just used the room to sleep, clean up and change clothes. The only gripe we had was the traffic on International Drive which was no fault of the hotel. We were there 5/26 - 5/29 over Memorial Day weekend which could explain the busy traffic. Every time we tried to enter or exit the hotel, we had to fight our way tooth and nail. International Drive was complete gridlock the whole time we were there.

• Stayed May 2006
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (966)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed May 29, 2006

This hotel was great !! We were four of us, room by the pool, first floor, great price for 6 nights. The room was very clean and comfortable, with micro and fridge, the people who work there treated us very kind. We rented a minivan and could get to the parks and malls easily. It was our first time in Quality Inn and will definetely will come back.

• Stayed May 2006
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2006

Probably the best value hotel on I. Drive. Clean rooms with the beds made daily along with clean towels and coffee making facilities. Any problems are rectified immediately with no fuss. All the rooms have had new curtains to replace the blinds and many have been redecorated. New T.V.s have been installed with a new cable system. You can now connect your laptop via broadband or have the display on the TV, unfortunately, this is charged as an extra, not free as in some hotels. The hotel is close to all the restaurants with Denny's and Mc. donalds outside the entrances. This is my 6th visit with my wife and she will not go to another hotel, we have never seen any cockroaches or creepy crawlies. Only Squirrels and birds in the well maintained gardens. We always feel secure knowing that the security staff are always walking around during the day and night. The staff are freindly and helpful and the room cleaners always speak to you. The food in the restaurant is plentiful and a good selection but tends to be the same every year, it is a buffet help yourself and you can go back as many times as you want. An update on the shopping centres is the Mercado is closing, possibly becoming a high rise, most of the shops are now closed along with the English cafe. Pointe Orlando is being redeveloped and looks closed from the outside but there are a number of shops still open. Virgin are no longer using Gator tours for their shopping trips. If you book direct with Gator you will end up at Walmart, Florida Mall and Premium Outlets as I discovered. If you book go with Virgin and check with them where they go. Prime Outlets are being redeveloped and 1 mall is empty. I will be back soon, the hotel hardly changes but the shopping malls certainly do.

• Stayed April 2006
19 Thank Coaches2000
Reviewed April 29, 2006

My family(husband and boys 7 and 9) and I have stayed at many budget hotels for various vacations(New York, Tampa, D.C, Myrtle Beach, Maine ect.) and this is a GREAT family motel! There is an arcade for rainy days(we had none). There are 3 pools and a nice little playground for nice days. There is an inexpensive buffet where kids under 11 eat free with adult(Not fantastic food but OK for a night off from going out). There is a small convenience store if you forgot something inportant(a bit expensive but nice to have in a pinch). Smiling service staff and a comfortable feeling from a constant yet discrete security presence. and of course lots of kids having fun(that is ORLANDO!!!) The grounds and rooms are imaculate, I even saw staff sweeping tiny wisps of cobweb from the building's exterior. Location is perfect for ANY orlando attraction with a trolley stop right outside. I got a grate rate and would go back again in a heartbeat. We had fun at the Wonderworks, the upsidedown science attraction across the street from the hotel. I almost wonder if negative reviews might be about a different Quality Inn in Orlando. (The only complaint I had was Disney itself. It was overcrowded and WAY overpriced! I would stick to the smaller parks if I had it to do over!)

• Stayed March 2006
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Burlington, Ontario
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Just returned from our week long trip to Orlando and seeing that I used this site to select this hotel from the various choices I had, I figured I better add a review.
When you come to Orlando you have a ton of choices, you can go all out and stay in a Disney property or one of the many other expensive 5 star "resort" like hotels. Or like the rest of us, you hope to find a decent place at a good price.
This year our wish was to find a hotel right on International Dr, putting us in the middle of anywhere we might want to be. This area of International Dr has pretty much anything you might be looking for when not at the Theme parks. Restaurants, night life, shopping and many other site seeing places are all found around here. Even the McDonalds claims to have the largest playland. Go North from this hotel and within about 5-10mins you are at the huge waterpark, another 5 mins and Universal Studios park. South from here you get to the Orlando Convention center, keep going from there and Sea World.
The highway I-4 which will take you to Disney can be accessed just around the corner from the Quality Inn. As far as location, as you may have figured out by now, this place is great.
I understand the hotel has transportation to the various theme parks, plus International Dr has the I-Ride trolley. We had a rental car so I cannot comment on these.
The rooms, OK...this isn't the Ritz and I wasn't paying the price of staying at the Chateau Frontenac. For what I was paying (which I really don't know, it was all in a package and I haven't tried to figure it out) the rooms could be slightly better. We stayed in room 2602, which is on the 6th floor of one of the towers, looking on to the pool area. 2 double beds, a small table with 2 chairs, a small bar fridge, microwave and coffee maker and the typical 27inch TV. When you are vacationing with an 8year old, you will use the room. The overall comfort of the bed was avarage and what I would expect. Don't come here and expect to open the door to your room and go WOW. Just know in the back of your mind
that out of the 1000's of rooms in Orlando this may qualify as average.
I have stayed in modest priced hotels in other parts of North America and have had much much nicer rooms, but those were rare finds.
Food, Breakfast and Dinner buffets at the main dinning room were fine. Once again price and what you get are a good balance. Last year the hotel we stayed in had a Ponderosa restaurant next to it, the breakfast buffet was cheaper but Ugggh, after a couple of days we had to find another place to eat. If you are here with kids, they eat free. Chances are you may not be back in time for Dinner every night anyway, plus you will want to explore the many other places to eat around you. Across the road and to the left is a pizza place, Cici I think it was called, a Pizza buffet, not bad price and actually not a bad value.
There is a small Pub style place with a patio and pool table, we didn't eat in it but had a couple of cold ones. People seem to find this place a good spot to unwind at the end of the day.
There also is a small grocery shop with a good variety of items, great to stock up the room fridge with snacks for the kids.
The Pool, there are 2 pools. We spent a fair amount of time in the pool as my 8year old is a water rat. Good sized shallow end, lots of room. Lots of towels available, deck chairs, the usual. All thats missing is a hot tub, and a Bar. The water was always warm.
Last thought, a decent hotel will play a role in just how good your vacation was, we had a great time in Orlando, and will be back again next year.

• Stayed April 2006
13 Thank adovdo
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2006

For the area, this hotel is above average. We live only 1.5 hrs away and have been to the IDrive strip many many times. Most of the hotels at the begining of IDrive are just nasty so we always try to stay further down out of the main part of IDrive. I read the reviews on this hotel and thought okay, give it a shot. Im very picky about smells and clean carpet. I simply dont want my feet to stick to the floor. This hotel was cleaner than most that I have stayed at. The beds were comfortable and clean, the room was average normal size and was good for the 4 of us. The service was nice. The room was clean again when we came back in with plenty of towels etc... No trouble at all. The breakfast is a little pricy for light eaters, but has a very nice selection. The pool closes like most at 10pm but after the parks the kids still want to play a little. It would be nice if the pool was open till 11 or 12... I will stay here again.

14 Thank wasntme
portsmouth hants
Reviewed April 22, 2006

we stayed here in march was concerned after reading some reviews but for the money paid it was ok room was clean our room was on international drive end which was great no noise from cars like someone had wrote hotel food was nothing to shout about the pool was lovely and warm and the hotel grounds were clean would we use this hotel again maybe for the location it is in but if i was to relax more on holiday then no but then if you go to florida you dont go to relax

• Stayed March 2006