“Fantastic family fun!”

Rosen Inn International
Ranked #124 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 29, 2006

My family(husband and boys 7 and 9) and I have stayed at many budget hotels for various vacations(New York, Tampa, D.C, Myrtle Beach, Maine ect.) and this is a GREAT family motel! There is an arcade for rainy days(we had none). There are 3 pools and a nice little playground for nice days. There is an inexpensive buffet where kids under 11 eat free with adult(Not fantastic food but OK for a night off from going out). There is a small convenience store if you forgot something inportant(a bit expensive but nice to have in a pinch). Smiling service staff and a comfortable feeling from a constant yet discrete security presence. and of course lots of kids having fun(that is ORLANDO!!!) The grounds and rooms are imaculate, I even saw staff sweeping tiny wisps of cobweb from the building's exterior. Location is perfect for ANY orlando attraction with a trolley stop right outside. I got a grate rate and would go back again in a heartbeat. We had fun at the Wonderworks, the upsidedown science attraction across the street from the hotel. I almost wonder if negative reviews might be about a different Quality Inn in Orlando. (The only complaint I had was Disney itself. It was overcrowded and WAY overpriced! I would stick to the smaller parks if I had it to do over!)

20  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Rosen Inn International

Reviewed April 27, 2006

Just returned from our week long trip to Orlando and seeing that I used this site to select this hotel from the various choices I had, I figured I better add a review.
When you come to Orlando you have a ton of choices, you can go all out and stay in a Disney property or one of the many other expensive 5 star "resort" like hotels. Or like the rest of us, you hope to find a decent place at a good price.
This year our wish was to find a hotel right on International Dr, putting us in the middle of anywhere we might want to be. This area of International Dr has pretty much anything you might be looking for when not at the Theme parks. Restaurants, night life, shopping and many other site seeing places are all found around here. Even the McDonalds claims to have the largest playland. Go North from this hotel and within about 5-10mins you are at the huge waterpark, another 5 mins and Universal Studios park. South from here you get to the Orlando Convention center, keep going from there and Sea World.
The highway I-4 which will take you to Disney can be accessed just around the corner from the Quality Inn. As far as location, as you may have figured out by now, this place is great.
I understand the hotel has transportation to the various theme parks, plus International Dr has the I-Ride trolley. We had a rental car so I cannot comment on these.
The rooms, OK...this isn't the Ritz and I wasn't paying the price of staying at the Chateau Frontenac. For what I was paying (which I really don't know, it was all in a package and I haven't tried to figure it out) the rooms could be slightly better. We stayed in room 2602, which is on the 6th floor of one of the towers, looking on to the pool area. 2 double beds, a small table with 2 chairs, a small bar fridge, microwave and coffee maker and the typical 27inch TV. When you are vacationing with an 8year old, you will use the room. The overall comfort of the bed was avarage and what I would expect. Don't come here and expect to open the door to your room and go WOW. Just know in the back of your mind
that out of the 1000's of rooms in Orlando this may qualify as average.
I have stayed in modest priced hotels in other parts of North America and have had much much nicer rooms, but those were rare finds.
Food, Breakfast and Dinner buffets at the main dinning room were fine. Once again price and what you get are a good balance. Last year the hotel we stayed in had a Ponderosa restaurant next to it, the breakfast buffet was cheaper but Ugggh, after a couple of days we had to find another place to eat. If you are here with kids, they eat free. Chances are you may not be back in time for Dinner every night anyway, plus you will want to explore the many other places to eat around you. Across the road and to the left is a pizza place, Cici I think it was called, a Pizza buffet, not bad price and actually not a bad value.
There is a small Pub style place with a patio and pool table, we didn't eat in it but had a couple of cold ones. People seem to find this place a good spot to unwind at the end of the day.
There also is a small grocery shop with a good variety of items, great to stock up the room fridge with snacks for the kids.
The Pool, there are 2 pools. We spent a fair amount of time in the pool as my 8year old is a water rat. Good sized shallow end, lots of room. Lots of towels available, deck chairs, the usual. All thats missing is a hot tub, and a Bar. The water was always warm.
Last thought, a decent hotel will play a role in just how good your vacation was, we had a great time in Orlando, and will be back again next year.

• Stayed: April 2006
13  Thank adovdo
Reviewed April 27, 2006

For the area, this hotel is above average. We live only 1.5 hrs away and have been to the IDrive strip many many times. Most of the hotels at the begining of IDrive are just nasty so we always try to stay further down out of the main part of IDrive. I read the reviews on this hotel and thought okay, give it a shot. Im very picky about smells and clean carpet. I simply dont want my feet to stick to the floor. This hotel was cleaner than most that I have stayed at. The beds were comfortable and clean, the room was average normal size and was good for the 4 of us. The service was nice. The room was clean again when we came back in with plenty of towels etc... No trouble at all. The breakfast is a little pricy for light eaters, but has a very nice selection. The pool closes like most at 10pm but after the parks the kids still want to play a little. It would be nice if the pool was open till 11 or 12... I will stay here again.

14  Thank wasntme
Reviewed April 22, 2006

we stayed here in march was concerned after reading some reviews but for the money paid it was ok room was clean our room was on international drive end which was great no noise from cars like someone had wrote hotel food was nothing to shout about the pool was lovely and warm and the hotel grounds were clean would we use this hotel again maybe for the location it is in but if i was to relax more on holiday then no but then if you go to florida you dont go to relax

12  Thank mhorsfall
Bedfordshire, England
Reviewed April 20, 2006

We found this hotel to be perfectly adequate for our family of four, and extremely good value for money. The location was excellent on international drive so that we could walk to lots of restaurants in the evening and leave the car behind. The hotel reception staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. On arrival we were allocated ground floor rooms opposite entrance to the pool which was quite busy, so requested a quieter room. They were unable to move us that night as the hotel was full but offered us a choice of rooms the following day. We chose a room in the 2 storey building overlooking the parking lot ( think it was room 1469) which was great. We have stayed in 4*+ hotels which offer more luxury, better decor etc but for price and location this hotel suited us much better, would definitely stay here again and request same room.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2006

Admittedly I travelled here over a year ago but I have just been told about this site & wanted to vent my spleen !
Where do I start? Filthy rooms that look like they wouldn`t be out of place at Bates`s Motel, with sticky carpets & mould in the bathroom.
Vertical venetian blinds that are so old that they dont shut properly allowing people walking along the walkway infront of your window to look in on you.
Brick red metal doors that wouldnt go amiss in Wormwood Scrubs Prison.
Full of Chavs. My very first words on arriving at the hotel was to a girl from Leeds who said that she didn`t like it there as the bar was full of Irish people & there was trouble most nights, Great!!!!
Right in the centre of I-drive, basically Blackpool on speed. If you like even a little bit of peace or style dont pick this baby!
Noisy, people having early hours drinks on the walkway outside our room.
Now we went Virgin to this place & this is a Flagship hotel. Come on Virgin you are the kings of Holidays to Florida but that is just gross miss- representation. This was my first experience of Florida & I was worried that it would be my last but luckily everywhere else I have been has been nothing short of fantastic. The only good part of this hotel is the exit !!! In fairness this reveiw is a year old so things might have got better, alternatively it might have got worse & that is almost impossible to imagine.

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank lazioLondon
Essex UK
Reviewed April 17, 2006

we were feeling a little wary after looking at some reviews of this accomodation. However we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived. We found it totally suitable for our needs. It is conveniantly placed in I Drive offering access to many restaurants, shops and the Universal Parks or Wet and Wild, also the outlet Malls are only an I Ride away. The room was cleaned regularly with fresh towels, coffee, soaps etc every day. It was very useful having our own fridge and microwave. The pool was warm and clean and was perfect for a relax after a day struggling around the malls or parks, or even just for a day off. Towels were also free clean and plentiful here. The only downside was getting transport to any of the Disney parks - slow and restrictive as they call at many other hotels. Found it was only a little more money to arrange cars/taxis ourselves. We would definatley consider returning here in the future.

Stayed: April 2006